Reloading ammo? bulge buster?

use to load 30 and 357 Herrett
only 32/40 cases out of 30/30 brass now

Mike

2 Likes

Yep>> 45 Colt cartridge > don’t go there.

Maybe the .357 Maximum & the 221 fireball.

1 Like

wats wrong with the 45 colt
its a fun low pressure round
and i load them

1 Like

RMR is offering some discounts this weekend. 5% off everything. 10% off .224” They are in Idaho. Great bullets if you haven’t tried them. Their jacketed pistol bullet prices are similar to plated bullets elsewhere.

I was limited to what powders I could find locally at the time.
Besides Unique, there’s Red Dot, 231, Trail Boss, and some shotgun powder whose name slips my mind,
I try to keep things simple on my loading bench.

2 Likes

Basically it’s tire tread in front of 8-10" of sand contained in a sacrificial box or bucket.
The tread helps keep the sand from leaking out so the lead can be sifted out of the sand by pouring it out over a piece of 1/4" hardware cloth

1 Like

One of these is an excellent investment!

3 Likes

Current 9mm Handgun Cartridges

Source: “Cartridges of the World” by Frank C. Barnes

These cartridges ARE NOT inter-changeable!

9mm Ultra

9mm Browning Long

9mm Luger (also known as the “9mm NATO,” 9mm Parabellum and 9 X 19)

9mm Steyr

9 X 23 Winchester

9mm Kurz (9 X 17, 380 ACP)

9mm Russian Markov (size – 9 X 18)

9 X 25 Dillon (wildcat 10mm case necked down to 9mm)

Before you put a cartridge into a firearm, double check that they are compatible.

1 Like

I didn’t say ( wrong ) there are some tricks to the 45 Colt, If your happy I’m happy for You.
Over and out.
Mr. Michael.

2 Likes

Tricks that apply to the 45 Colt when loading with black powder or smokeless powder?

3 Likes

Smokeless. PS: im currently working with someone that is young enough
To pass on knowledge about reloading based only on the facts of my experience. If you have a specific issue or question I would be more than happy to try to answer it if I can.
Truly Blacky.

2 Likes

My next handgun will be chambered in 45 Colt. I will use smokeless powder and coated bullets (Acme or Blue Bullets). I have much experience with other rifle and pistol cartridges.

4 Likes

Good. If you can get Trail Boss cowboy action Hodgdon powder for plinking it is a truly amazing powder. I’ve used it in 38/357 ,9mm , 45 Colt, 45acp, 7m08
357 Maximum. I have been honored to know the Man by the name of
( MIKE ) that developed that powder with lab technicians in Australia.
Not that anybody cares but I’ve made friends with techs from ; Sierra BULLETS, Western powder to name a few. I have none published reloading data from these acquaintances.
PS: have fun, that’s what it’s all about.
Truly
Blacky

2 Likes

Okay. Here’s a question. Do any of y’all load rifle rounds on a progressive press? I’m thinking about starting with 30 carbine. Then 300 Whisper(blackout) and 223. Any issues with dispensing powder into bottleneck brass? Any other surprises you encountered?

Oh, and on the thought of 30 carbine, has anyone seen published data that doesn’t use 296/110, 4227, 1680 or the normal powders intended to function the semi-auto M1 carbine action?

I’m considering using 32 H&R or 327 data with faster pistol powder to get some further economy and less blast.

1 Like

I know more than two dozen fellows loading 223 using a Dillon. All report very precise powder charging.

2 Likes

heard many good things about the Dillon blue press system

1 Like

Classic Firearms is having a sale on original M1 Carbines this weekend. FYI.

2 Likes

Wow $1,299!!!
I wish I had a time machine.

1 Like