Red flag, veteran, and reasonable LE response: whiskeyWarrior556

Interesting story about the standoff between WhiskeyWarrior556, a vet, and law enforcement, with a peaceful resolution.

Apparently the public overwhelmed the LE phones with concerned calls… on account of initial reports that it was a red flag bust.

3 Likes

Don’t know him but I hope he get the help he needs. Wonderful that the end was peaceful.

I don’t know if this is true, but it seems logical that most events like this are resolved peacefully.

3 Likes

I was following most of this last night. I don’t know how much of this article is true, I don’t know how much of what was said on social media was true. It’s all one big cluster honestly. If even half of the posts were true, 30-90 if not more people showed up to protest what they believed to be LEOs enacting a red flag raid. (They were unarmed according to the posts.)

3 Likes

He needs mental health treatment forsure!!

I don’t know his situation, I’m not judging him (God bless him) but he needs to be evaluated and make sure he is mentally fit to own firearms anymore.

I’m thinking his tours in war zones could have him suffering from PTSD.

1 Like

I too followed this most of the night. With 3 different sides to a story and not really being able to trust any of them the entire thing is a powder keg.

The one absolute I took from this story is people have had it with their rights being stripped away. People were very quick to call to arms. I’m not advocating for violence on any level, I hope the LE community takes a close look at this and take away as many lessons as possible. If a car backfired in the area this would’ve spiraled out of control at an uncontrollable rate.

For those saying they won’t enforce the red flag laws and those saying they won’t comply, whether or not this had anything to do with red flag laws or not people believed it was. And the longer this goes on the closer we get to people’s resolve being tested.

I’m glad this had a non violent ending.

3 Likes

Your take aways from this are the same as mine for the most part.

3 Likes

I do hope the LE community takes clear note. That people show up and call in significant numbers, putting themselves at risk to protect someone else’s rights, THAT is a message that needs to be clearly heard and understood.

If it is not, I fear some very bad things will happen.

3 Likes

I heard that this was a red flag but sounds like it was a felony warrant. Cannot comment any further since the facts are uncertain.

3 Likes

I read the same thing earlier…

So much reporting done on this guy I’m not certain whats fact and fiction.

2 Likes

That was the other eye opener for me and probably the scariest because it’s the biggest variable. Social media, the national news has lost so much credibility you have to verify if they report it’s raining. The guy was reportedly asking for help thru Instagram and telling everyone it was a red flag raid. (With reports he was intoxicated and mentally unstable) And you had police putting out messages that it was a felony warrant raid not a red flag issue. But honestly this thing got so out of hand why would we believe they would be honest knowing how people felt about these red flag laws. They’re going to put officer safety above honesty (in my opinion). All this information and none of it able to be verified you have to choose what to believe and that gives people on the extreme ends a lot of fuel to spread lies and misinformation.

I fear this isn’t the last time we see or talk about this. The rhetoric on both sides is going to get ramped up, hostilities and divides are going to continue to grow.

We’re throwing matches on a powder keg we’ve just been lucky the matches burn out before they light anything.

1 Like

Instead of charging him whilst he was 1st arrested earlier for the burglary warrant they were supposedly there to serve, they came back to serve this additional warrant. For someone who wasn’t aware of the WHY they were there (speficities of the charges) and all the fervor of Red Flag Laws, plus his earlier treatment by the LEO’s, I’m not gonna infer anything other to say that the division Of the populace and the jeopardy that our LEO’s are put in because of this junk, by people in elected office, is working.

We, as Citizens of the last vestige of Liberty in this world, need to get ahead of this. I was glad to see the public show up. It gives me hope.

2 Likes

Yep, right with you on that.

This one made me think of Bundy Ranch. Whatever your take on the facts there, people showed up and put themselves in harm’s way.

Welcome to the group @The_Grizzly

2 Likes

I’m also very glad it ended non-violently. Although I’m not sure how long the non-violent ending to these types of situations will continue. People are definitely loosing patience with having their rights infringed - in multiple ways.

3 Likes

This is a couple of hours from me and is more down state NY. LE’s said it was not Red Flag. Then they said it was DV. Pretty sure they went after him for the magazines and then will force him into a psych program or something.

I do not expect them to reveal the truth, ever.

3 Likes

He won’t get needed help in jail.

2 Likes

I agree with that statement!

I wish we more programs for people with needs than sending them to jail.

1 Like