Red dots on your concealed carry pistol

I have a red dot on my concealed carry pistol… It took some practice to use it better than the iron sights, but now my target acquisition is much faster.
Does anyone else have an opinion on red dots on concealed carry pistols?Screenshot_20191004-052923_Gallery|550x499

2 Likes

I have shot one, just have not gone down that rabbit hole just yet. Does it effect what holster you use?

2 Likes

no, it didn’t effect the holster at all. lol but the flashlight did…

2 Likes

I love using them, definitely faster acquisition,but I worry about what if the battery is dead or it isn’t turned on. I practice with my Canik with it on, and with it off, but I don’t carry anything with a red dot.

2 Likes

cool… which Canik do you own?

1 Like

I’ve got the Canik TP9SFx in an awesome OD Green… LOVE shooting it, it’s my favorite shoot-for-fun gun right now. Got the softer recoil spring because with the stock spring I get some stovepipes

That stock spring goes back in when I want to practice malfunction drills. (if I shorten my extensions a bit and unlock my elbows, I get stovepipes. Flaw in my technique… it’s not the gun :roll_eyes: it never stovepipes for my hubby with his tree-trunk wrists.)

It does well for me :blush:

1 Like

Nice, it’s gotta be super accurate with that barrel and that Vortex Viper is AWESOME

1 Like

Its definitely more accurate than my skills… working on that though :grin:

1 Like

@Zee, I don’t want to be your center of mass target from 3 yards to 15 yards, and beyond! :+1::pray:

2 Likes

@Gary_H :laughing: I don’t want you to be either :laughing:
And thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Nice thing about my Glock 43, the recoil spring assembly can be replace by a red dot/pulsating laser ( by LaserMax). Easy finger controls and no custom holster required. It is a tool, not a crutch. I rarely practice with it. I want to keep my skills sharp and not have to depend on 4 small batteries. But… it exponentially increases target acquisition and will probably scare any intruder enough to back off. Okay… and it’s cool and fun. But NOT cheap at all.

2 Likes

@TexasEskimo I want one but they aren’t available for the G30 (yet?)

1 Like

@Zee I went to the LaserMax sight. You are correct, not available for the G30 (yet). Quite surprising because the RSA is engineered the same. They have great customer service, call them and ask them what’s up. (800) 527-3703. On the bright side, you have an a extra $240 in your pocket. :rofl:

2 Likes

Were is the on/off for the laser

2 Likes

@Philip7 They send you a new slide lock. You can press it in using either side. I installed it in about 3 minutes.

3 Likes