Reality

When you meet your internet friends? True story comes to mind maybe a little off topic but it’s funny!

I used to be big into the barbecue circuit. We would have state rendezvous and have been three day barbecue parties and camps. The first time we put one of these together in Florida there were 15 of us and it grew to over 100 eventually. They came from all over the country as far away as Pennsylvania and one gentleman who was on a business trip from Guam one year came.

The first time we ever met the original 15 we all drove to Florida panhandle region and met at a guy’s hundred acre pine farm to camp and have 3 days of cooking. We all showed up carrying our sidearms since we had only met on the internet! We all had a great laugh about it once everyone knew there were no serial killers in the crowd. But that first meeting we were ready!

7 Likes

1 Like

@leo23, @Todd30, @Layton; thank you all for your service, I salute each one of you. :military_helmet: :military_helmet: :military_helmet:

8 Likes

I do thank you David237,for years,after discharge I never told any one I was inNam,I just said I was in the Army and that was all and could not forget being spit on and the police that was around just stood there and laughed at what they were calling us,I never shot a kid unless they had a AK47 and then it was kATY bar the door

6 Likes

@Layton WELCOME HOME :us: :rightwards_hand:

4 Likes

@David237 it was my honor sir!!!

4 Likes

I did not see that coming :hushed:

5 Likes

what that my name was actually Leo and that I’m not the law?

5 Likes

Yepper, got it in one. There’s certain acronym’s that, this forum uses a lot. LEO is one of those acronym’s
Amused me, about how wrong I was.

4 Likes

Never heard that expression before. In researching that, I came across this possible origin:

Another suggestion is that the phrase originates with the story of Catherine Douglas and her attempt to save the Scottish King James I.

He was attacked by discontented subjects in Perth in 1437. The room James was in had a door with a missing locking bar.

The story goes that Catherine Douglas tries to save him by barring the door with her arm. Her arm was broken and the mob murdered the King. The ‘lass that barred the door’ - Catherine Douglas, was henceforth known as Catherine Barlass.

5 Likes

Rodger that! Mine too, sir. Glad to be home. But there’s still work to be done on the range. Some serious fence mending has to be done, and some folks still need to mind their manners.

4 Likes

Politics is controlled by money and power, which are nearly interchangeable. You have one, it gets the other.
I love your “conspiracy realist” concept. Ditto here.

4 Likes

Judging by the way they act, the Left seems to think that 1984 was a How To manual, not a warning, as the rest of us acknowledged.

5 Likes
1 Like

Our government in D.C. is based upon Calvin’s message there.
It needs to be flushed and all new people (good guys this time) installed.

2 Likes

As I see it, when the Constitution was written, it was discussed and written by STATESMEN who had the best interests of the people as their primary concern. During the discussions, there emerged a document that, admittedly, was imperfect. So realizing the imperfections, the STATESMEN included a method to improve it in the form of AMENDMENTS. The problem today, as I see it, is that we no longer have STATESMEN(WOMEN). Mostly, what we have today are politicians, who have zero concern for the people they allegedly represent, but are only concerned with the narcisstic and sociopathic accumulation of personal power and wealth. Think I’m wrong? Where else will anyone spend $100 million of other peoples money to get a job that pays $174,000/yr and, if elected, becomes a millionaire by the time their first term is complete. And yet, these are the ones that are expected to balance a budget. Scary, isn’t it?

8 Likes

You’re absolutely right about that. And, yes, it scares me down to my socks.

3 Likes

DAV here also :us:

3 Likes