PSA AR-10 Charging Handle Compatibility

I am trying to buy an AR-10 Charging Handle for a Christmas present. It is a Palmetto State Armory (PSA) upper and lower AR-10 as delivered from PSA. I have contacted them regarding compatibility with other brand charging handles and this is their response:

“While the PA-10 platform is loosely based on the DPMS gen1 low profile, we can only guarantee the fit and function of PA-10 parts to other PA-10 parts and we do not recommend mixing AR-10 manufacturers. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us”

I called Wilson Combat to see if their larger grip handles would work on a PSA AR-10 and their response was “we don’t know”.

I hate to buy anything from another vendor to find out it is not compatible, but also don’t like being selection confined to only PSA brand products. Can anyone help me out with this?

1 Like
2 Likes

Don’t know much about it, best guess is take it to a qualified gunsmith. Good luck

1 Like

A little late updating, but the Christmas present became a muzzle break:

Edit: I did buy the $25 recommended washer installation kit. It made timing the installation easy, but not convinced a crush washer would not have been fine.

1 Like