Preper's - Do you train with your Prep Equipment

We did some drills yesterday with 50# back packs and coats on. Standing and laying down, 28f, light snow. We don’t use blankets or pads this was done on the ground, in the snow, running 90 degree target acquisition, trees, rocks etc… We did both long and short gun stuff.
I found that shooting with a back pack on really changes a lot of things, The sights are farther away, the stock doesn’t seat into my shoulder socket, Sight acquisition with a hand gun is different because my shoulders were pulled back, making it harder to get relaxed full extension.
How many of us practice with our bug out packs on.

Scenario: It happens, Stuff has just hit the fan. Your gather your stuff and escape your burning house, put on your bug out pack, hit the front door and craziness greets you. Are we ready?

8 Likes

My question is you are bugging out, how far away is your new location? What is the route to your new location? What potential problems can you run into on the way? Is your new location set-up for a good defense? Is your new location a good location for necessities?

4 Likes

Ayup good to go

3 Likes

My last training session was with a new Propane Generator. Not planning to go anywhere, we live in a food belt in a good area, I don’t see any reason to leave. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Fleeing out the front door to go have gun battles innawoods with a bugout bag on my/our back is not a viable course of action for us

3 Likes

I had a very similar shooting experience the first time I fired my M4 with body armor on. This was when I was deploying for Iraq in 2006. It was a problem I was not anticipating at the time.

3 Likes

I just try to maintain my strength and cardio. Staying strong and having good cardio helps in darn near everything. Typical day today, 30 minutes on weights, walked a mile,came home and switched into sweats and sneaks and went back out for a 4 mile run, 25 pushups at the mile. For 63, not too bad. Part that sucks is takes me 2 miles to warm up. White men can’t jump :laughing:

5 Likes

Maybe not for you but my neighbors aren’t Jed Clampett and Roy Rogers (Look at the Pedophile with a gun article I posted in Current events this morning). When the when not if earth quake wrecks this building we will most certainly have to fight our way out of the city.

3 Likes

In that case I would make plans to bug out of the city with a large group because one or two guys carrying rifles in a city you have to fight out of sounds like an extremely low probability situation

(IE, most likely will not survive)

1 Like

Maybe you should consider a preemptive move to somewhere safer before that happens. :thinking:

7 Likes

We have 4 “Official” sites to land at plus several meet up sites around the city. 2 landing camps are east up in the mountains 2 the other 2 are west out into the desert. Both give us the ability to move farther and deeper into the wilderness or desert without passing anywhere close to a population center. Some of the meet ups are within 5 miles, the landing camps are in the 20-30 mile range. May seem extreme but we have mapped this out, planned our evacuation and train just in case.

Something like this (But not exactly)

3 Likes

Be sure your payments are kept up on your Time-Share in those locations so you won’t have to fight to get into them. Squatters have Rights. lol

2 Likes

no were to run , lots of places to hide

2 Likes

If you go as a convoy you should have 1/2 vehicles in front and 1/2 in the rear as a front guard and as a rear guard and both a distance from you and all in radio contact

1 Like

There is nobody out there, I’m talking about out in the boonies here.

2 Likes

Earth Quake, Tornado, Hurricane, Civil Unrest… Seems like it’s something everywhere.

3 Likes

Hurricane! In SLC?! Really?! LOL!

You’re right? West Coast. Earthquakes, Fires, Drought, Land shifts, Mudslides; Midwest…Tornados, Floods, Tremers, Drought; Eastcoast…Hurricanes, Tornados, Floods, Drought…and, oh, did I mention Hurricanes? Northeast and Northcentral…Severe storms, Freezing, Severe Snows; Southcentral and Southeast…Severe Thunder and Lightning Strikes, Flash Flooding, and Suck holes; Northwest…Severe Rains and Mudslides. Yeah, it’s always something. And then…there’s the human element. Ultimately, there’s really nowhere to hide, only temporary shelters to prolong what may be inevitable. That’s motivation to do and be the best we can while we’re here and with what we have.

3 Likes

I know a lot of people talking about going into the mountains around where I am at. The funny part of that is if everybody goes up to the mountains it is going to be a bit crowded. I have a place that is specifically only way to get close to it is by hiking and there are no trails, except the ones the wildlife has made. High elevation so if anyone was to wonder in you would see them.

7 Likes

Rule 1: have a plan
Rule 2: the first casualty in SHTF scenario is the plan
Rule3: you had a plan, now improvise, adapt and overcome using what you learned from all the planning you did

If you haven’t, train with every piece of equipment you have in your BOB, GHB, INCH etc. Here is what I found, 1. I carried way more equipment than I could comfortably be combat effective carrying. 2. Half the stuff (metaphorically) I carried was not needed. 3. I
exponentially increased my primitive woodsman, mountainman, Native American and primarive weapons skills because a lot of things fail. 4. Many of the so called ‘survival experts’ - aren’t, so learn on your own. 5. Team mates, survival buddies and neighboorhood coalitions are great - until they are really needed then the ‘knife fighting’ starts. They are great but have walkaway power and ability.
:beers:

9 Likes

That’s for real, we have even seen this while training, everyone wants to be the ducking BossMan.

4 Likes