Pistol Front Sight - Color

A while back I bought a High Fision front sight (red) to replace the white (stock) on my CZ P10C. It’s better than the white but not what I was hoping for. Sometimes it’s just too dark and gets lost in the sight picture. I noticed High Fision makes a Green and even a Blue but I don’t want to waste a bunch of money experimenting. Can anybody recommend a good color and / or brand for a front sight compatible with the CZP10C? Thanks - J

1 Like

I use orange on all of my firearms, just buy orange finger nail polish. :+1:

6 Likes

Any color is fine with me as long as its radioactive…

6 Likes

Personal preference. Find a color that jumps out at you. Orange works for me but yellow works better for my wife

3 Likes

I hate the black on black (F/R) sights on a lot of the new guns !!!:rage:

I have orange and green modeling paint to solve that problem !

4 Likes

I like the orange. I like the volt or highlighter as I call it. I will try green at some point.

:v:t5:

2 Likes

I had a discussion about this with my optometrist in august. She’s not a shooter but she talks to me about it when I’m there, she says she finds the feedback on sight picture and my astigmatism and optics very beneficial. She explained how colors pop differently for different people. She broke it down very well and although I couldn’t even start to do her justice, she basically said everyone’s eyes are different and my eyes happen to react favorably to green. Red also appears dull to me. The human body is fascinating to say the least.

4 Likes

The color or the front sight depends on your eyes and personal preferences.
I’ve been playing with different options for my handguns for almost 2 years to find what worked best for me.

The best you can try (without spending money for few options) - buy orange, green and yellow fluorescent sharpie and make a 1/8 inch dot on 3 pieces of paper. This way you will imitate front sight color. Then take each piece of paper separately, keep in your strong hand in compressed ready position. Then press out like a handgun and try to focus on the dot.
After few tries you should find out which color is picked up faster / better by your eyes.

In may case yellow was the best option.

Regarding brand… In my opinion Trijicon HD is the best sights set for handgun.

4 Likes

@Jason148 , I start with a white base model paint, then I use yellow or orange modeling paint over that, just helps it stand out more.

2 Likes

Look at what TruGlo, Novak, and Williams offers. I would want adjustable COMBAT fiberoptic sights for a full-sized pistol - 4.5 - 5"+ barrel - with a red front, and twin green rear sights as a personal preference. Some makers may offer a slightly larger front sight to compensate for size difference in your sight picture.

1 Like

That is a good point, I only have one pistol that has the front sight a different color from the rear. All the rest have basically white dots both front and rear. I find sighting much quicker with the one that has a RED fiber optic front sight contrasting with white rear dots. I rented the same pistol with a GREEN fiber optic front sight before I bought. I personally didn’t perceive any difference between the GREEN rental pistol and my purchased RED, so I have not bothered swapping out my RED front sight tube for a GREEN one, even though the pistol came with extra RED and GREEN tubes I could try.

I have been using the fiber optics front sights for a while. I also change colors when I find that a color is no longer popping for me, or drawing my eye to hold on the front sight. I prefer the orange the most.

1 Like

There’s a lot of good feedback in here, thanks everybody. Color aside, I think I need to find a different brand as well. I’ll probably checkout that Truglo.