Pepper Spray in a hot car

Hello, is there Mace or Pepper Spray made that you could leave in the car in the heat - or cold that wouldn’t explode? I mean not on the dash in direct sun, but ya get me thinkin’ I hope, Thanks

4 Likes

Most of branded Pepper Sprays will survive car cabin’s temperature.
I’ve been keeping Sabre Red at door’s shelf (not direct sun) for over 8 months - nothing happened so far…

This is copied from Sabre website:

Do not leave your SABRE pepper spray in any area that may exceed 120 ° F (48.88° C) or drop below 32 ° F (0° C). Excessive heat or cold may cause the can to leak or burst. Do not store your SABRE pepper spray in your car.

Looks I’m not ok with their warning :joy:

5 Likes

Pepper spray is usually aluminum covered, so temperature shouldn’t be an issue when storing in a vehicle… with some brand exceptions, of course. However, there are holsters for belts, and keychain for smaller canisters. On the downside, freezing weather minus, can affect pepper spray’s effectiveness.
In cars, items move… a lot. If you need it, make sure it’s in a sturdy, and available part of the vehicle (I have a nice central console, and a very accessible glove compartment… but I wear these on my belt… the black holster is on a kubaton keychain.

2 Likes

This carrying case was purchased in the spring, I have to carry EpiPen’s & an emergency Asthma inhaler and the price of these are outrageous to replace, plus the heat can cause the epinephrine can go bad & lose their effectiveness, the inhaler can explode! The freezer packs are great. I going to research a smaller case and store the Mace in it unzipped or unsnapped for quick access. Your input comrade’s made a light bulb go off, TY. Gonna figure out how to post a pic of it

2 Likes

Well dang it ya gotta click on it but it works great…

figured it out, those are the 4 freezer packs in blue

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have always left a can of pepper spray in my car and have never had issues with it.

5 Likes

I have kept pepper spray in my vehicle for who knows how long and never had a problem with it.

2 Likes

Never had issues with any brand or size of pepper spray disasters due to being left in the cab of the truck out of direct sunlight.
That being said, if you sleep in the back of your truck and toss and turn… beware. Set off a can of bear spray one night rolling over on top of it… but thats a different topic, sorry, I digress.

2 Likes

Never had an issue with pepper spray, but if I’m going to be completely honest I never really had it around till recently. However, I did have a rottweiler that must have eaten the wrong thing because he exploded in my truck. This was many years ago I’d of been happy to have a can of pepper spray go pop on that day!!!

2 Likes