Papa Johns delivery driver defends himself

This will be interesting to see how this plays out.

9 Likes

Despite purportedly acting in self-defense, the pizza delivery driver could face felony charges for shooting the teen robbers, according to KDFW. Although police have found no reason to charge the man, he still may be held accountable for murder or other charges by the court system.

I hope they find him not guilt and all charges dropped.

13 Likes

I agree, but with the current climate anything can happen.

4 Likes

Not likely if things went down as stated by the driver. This still remains a homicide, which is why the AG has to review it and declare it a justified homicide. This would be so in such incidents.

Even so… we all know the driver could still be sued in civil court as there will be those “newspaper scavenger” lawyers looking for an approach to bring suit in this, if there is one.

4 Likes

A quick reading of Texas self defense laws would seem to indicate that the use of force was justifiable. Unfortunately, and I could very well be mistaken, the self defense statutes do not include immunity from criminal prosecution or civil liability unless it is used under the castle doctrine which would not have been applicable.

6 Likes

Well… There is a lot of things I want to say here. I think I will hold my tongue for the moment. :no_mouth:

5 Likes

If the incident went down as explained and the driver indeed defended himself, I hope he gets off. In my state, the surviving robbery suspect could be charged with felony murder of his accomplice.

6 Likes

Assuming this went down like this, I hope he walks away with little to no issues. One would think that Texas of all places would have someone’s back in Self Defense but in the big city… who knows these days. I wouldn’t have little doubt that this would have any issues of self defense in Utah(my home). I don’t know if Texas protects people in civil cases but here in Utah, you would also be protected in a civil case after winning the self defense case. It’s one of the reasons I like living here, if someone commits a criminal act against you and they get injured, you cannot be sued by them, their family, their heir ect.(at least this is what it reads in the State statue)

4 Likes

Wives with knives disagree. Lol

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yes, we don’t know a lot of facts, like if the teens had their hands up, or if they could breathe.

6 Likes

Crazy maybe he will go to jail because he had a firearm on him while he was at work, which is probably not allowed at papa Johns, maybe if it was him coming from work and was being robbed different outcome

2 Likes

A company policy against firearms would not make his self defense unlawful. The worst they could do is fire him.

6 Likes

Is it just me or are there never witnesses or camera videos of legal shootings.

4 Likes

If all said about the self defense situation is true and the delivery driver still faces charges, then we know criminal lives are more valuable than us innocent people.

3 Likes

I guess it would be in his best interest for LE to find that these two killed the driver the week before.

3 Likes

I, for one, am so sick of the anarchy that has been festering in this country for the last few months. Law abiding citizens are the enemy and anarchist’s have free rein???
There needs to be an end to all of this.

7 Likes

I’m behind you Nick a 100%

6 Likes

Thanks brother.

2 Likes

+1. If all of the leftist groups are not careful they might get what they are asking for. Sooner or later the law abiding are going to tire of worrying about where and when they go. Democrats are going to get themselves voted out of office for doing nothing about the rioting. The places being burnt and looted are businesses. Businesses are money and money still talks.
I live in Oregon and Portland has some large companies threatening to leave.

7 Likes