PA Gun Control on the move. Hearings 9/25. Your attendance is requested

The following message is from Val W. Finnell, Pennsylvania Director of the GOA

On Wednesday, September 25, 2019, the PA Senate Judiciary Committee will hold hearings on gun control legislation to include gun/magazine bans, “Red Flag” gun confiscation orders (GCOs), and universal background checks (UBCs). The hearing will be held in the Harrisburg State Capitol [North Office Building] Hearing Room 1, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.

I will be testifying on behalf of GOA members across the Commonwealth to stop the Bloomberg-funded anti-gun agenda. But we need to have a strong showing from our members and supporters on the 25th.

So, I am personally asking you to make every effort to come to Harrisburg on September 25th at 1 PM. Bring your friends. The opposition will be out in force.

As you may recall, Pennsylvania Senate Judiciary Committee chairperson, Senator Lisa Baker (R-20), is going back on her previous promise to gun owners by holding gun control hearings in the wake of the El Paso and Dayton atrocities.

In an August 6, 2019 public statement, Senator Baker called these hearings a “prelude to action” and that they will examine “what can be constitutionally accomplished in respect to weapons and ammunition.” That sure sounds like gun control to me!

On May 6, 2019, Senator Baker promised me, elected officials and other grassroots activists assembled that she had “no plans” to take up gun control legislation.

So, please come to Harrisburg on Wednesday, September 25th and stand up for your gun rights. Click the red button above or below to RSVP via Facebook. But even if you don’t have Facebook, please save the date and come anyway.

Sincerely,

Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH
Pennsylvania Director
Gun Owners of America
Follow me on Twitter: @DrFinnell

View on the Web

I would like to know how does government think it has Constitutional authority to regulate the 2nd amendment? Surely not our founders or the Constitution! The purpose of 2nd Amendment is to defend against GOVERNMENT INFRINGEMENT upon our rights. To say; that the same government has Constitutional authority to regulate our access to exercise our 2nd Amendment right is absurd! Regulated militia! Regulated by who? Not the government, but by the militia, and the people’s right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
So illegally or unconstitutionally the government has infringed upon our God given right one law at a time. Background checks, permits, permission to carry here but not there. That isn’t a right it is has been water down to a privilege by the government which stole authority to regulate, soon, we are one law away no guns.
Time to repeal all gun laws and return to our Constitutional intent

We have all the gun control laws thanks to the NRA negotiating away our rights. I spoke to the NRA IRA director for PA when HB2060 (red flag laws) was passed and asked why the NRA remained neutral. His response was that they “did’t want to look like the bad guy”. I immediately cancelled my NRA membership and joined the GOA and FOAC (the “GOA” for PA).

My point is government has no constitutional authority to pass any laws concerning our 2nd Amendment right

I agree 100%.

On a side note, the role of the legislative branch as defined in the Constitution is to create laws. The creation of laws, by its very definition, is to deprive the People of its rights and freedom. Every year that passes, our rights are removed more and more. Over the course of time (albeit it may be many decades or centuries), America is doomed to be a population of slaves endowed to serve the government simply through the culmination of the passage of laws. Each year, a right (whether guns or some other right) gets chiseled away. It almost as if the phrase, ‘put a frog in boiling water and it will jump out; but put a frog in cold water and slowly heat the water, the from will die’, has some truth to it.

That is why we have the 2nd Amendment. To stop a tyrannical government from passing laws, either one by one, or all at once depriving WE THE PEOPLE of our God-given right guaranteed in the 2nd

Before that happens. Civil war I don’t think Americans would stand for that, well at least not today. Maybe as you say in future