P320 lawsuits

SIG Sauer Faces More Lawsuits Over P320 Pistol

1 Like

Sounds like Sig might need to rethink their decision not to recall the P320.

3 Likes

I carry a Sig320. I have double-checked that it was not one that required an “upgrade”.

If you carry a Sig320, please double check to make sure your firearm isn’t one of the ones recommended for the upgrade:
https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/us-consumer-p320-voluntary-upgrade-program/

And here’s a link to show the differences before and after:
https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/#video

3 Likes

@Dawn

My Sig P320 is my nightstand weapon. Just checked the serial number and the video on that same serial number page. Mine is already updated and I really liked the explanation video on what changes were made and why. Wouldn’t you know it the first time I try a Sig instead of my beloved Glocks they have a recall!!!:confounded::confounded:

2 Likes

I agree with MikeBKY they should have had a legitimate recall instead of the voluntary upgrade, regardless of whether or not they felt it safe. Public opinion has the last say and they’re still having a hard time living this down. With that being said, I live my 320s and have no intention of getting rid of them.

3 Likes

I know someone who had an assortment of 320s and has completely switched to Glock because of this issue.

2 Likes

Can’t say I blame anyone for switching if they’re not comfortable.

2 Likes

That’s too bad. Even I do not own any SIG, I love their firearms.
I wish they are more lefty friendly. I feel P225 or P229 would be the best pistols in my hand… unfortunately their decocker drives me crazy… :worried:
It’s a shame for SIG if someone give up their gun for Glock :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Maybe I’m totally missing it, I’m only on my first coffee of the day…

Is there any specified model of the 320 that this is happening to or is it a variety of the 320 models? I mean really, Sig has how many versions of the 320?

1 Like

P320 X series:

• X Five
  • X Full
  • X Carry
  • X Compact
  • X VTAC

P320 M17 series:

• M17
  • M17Bravo
  • M17Commemorative

P320 RX series:

• RX Full
  • RX Compact

P320 Nitron series:

• Nitron Full
  • Nitron Carry
  • Nitron Compact

P320 TACOPS CARRY

P320 LIMA Compact

Impressive list :laughing: (15 currently in production)
I did not included old models, which I believe are these:

• Full
  • Carry
  • Compact
    (and I think these were having problems with trigger)

All new manufactured P320s are fixed already. No issues with safety anymore.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:

I have a subcompact and mine is safe. :wink:

1 Like

No X series I guess…
I don’t remember exact date (that’s the reason to use serial number to find out if your gun has issue), but I think 2018 and newer are OK

2 Likes

As Jerry said, All current production models come from the factory with the updated trigger. In my opinion they should’ve had a recall, it’s unfortunate but the guns are fine. I’ve used them for years without issue. I did send my first gen in for the update when they rolled that out and it was fine also.

3 Likes

I just checked mine. All good. I like the upgrades I didn’t realize I had. I think it’s pretty cool they not only addressed the complaint, but they gave us a trigger job and more. If my weapon had not already been built withe new upgrades, the service with the voluntary upgrades and more would have made me a happy camper.
I don’t have a problem with the voluntary recall. If the problem is of a minuscule number of units, the owner is able to get updates processed easily.
Think about the food being put out that’s poisoning people (I know…not poison…infecting?). You find a source that has lot numbers. They tell you to throw it away. No compensation. The next day or few, more lot numbers are added…while the country has still been eating the stuff. Good. Throw that away. A few more days and they add even more lot numbers. This continues until basically all that particular product from all those sources has been deemed contaminated. Remember the lettuce recalls and ground beef recalls and dog food recalls?
At least Sig is covering more than just one lot number of lettuce. I feel safe. But I’m not eating my M17.

1 Like

For a general total model recall, can you imagine the expense. There would be so much trouble tracking down serial numbers that have changed hands or disappeared. If they seriously believe there is not a problem, openly enforcing a general recall buys them some ownership in validating complaints.
I know I won’t be popular in saying this, but with a weapon comes responsibility. I realize some possible problems will not be obvious, otherwise the product would have been built differently. But if each one of us would take the time to learn about the piece and then carefully inspect it, many or at least some would find if there is a potential problem.
A good example is an airplane owner/pilot. The average private pilot probably is not a trained or talented mechanic, but you’d better believe that pilot is expected to get pretty deep in his regular inspections and preflight checks. The pilot can not take delivery of a new Piper and jump in for a quick ride without a careful check.
I wouldn’t trust it.
Don’t hold a controlled explosion in your hand without first doing due diligence. Last point: I never purchase a model weapon I’ve never used without first checking the reports from owners or testers.

2 Likes