Out for a walk

“Better Safe than Sorry!”
I walk 3 miles every night and feel Absolutely SAFE!
I carry my Colt 380 (ALL THE TIME!!!)
Light and powerful! its Not the size of the gun! Its the type of bullets in it!
Federal Hydro Shocks!! The Best!!
Stay Safe!!
Handsome Larry :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

2 Likes

Be prepared. Well played on being ready after the car turned around.

5 Likes

Always stay “Left of Bang” … great job Like John says “always have your tool on you”

4 Likes

Keep watching them! That will give you the ability to get old enough you don’t care what they think…

8 Likes

They must have seen you switch hands with the dog leash and had an idea you wasn’t an easy target so they left you alone.

10 Likes

I was walking with my wife and a man was walking towards us, he moved to the side my wife was walking, I had a water bottle and handed it to my wife. I made eye contact with him and never took my eyes away. He hesitated for a moment and stopped. We kept walking but I did not the my eyes from him. He had his hand in his waist and I had my gun ready to fire if needed. He turned and kept walking. I’m 70 years old and I refuse to be a victim. Thats why I carry and why I train constantly.

16 Likes

Well done by the original poster. We had a similar circumstance today at a local restaurant. Two ferals were giving my wife the predator eye when she got out of our Jeep to get order take-out food; they were seated at a table on the adjacent patio, and as she walked toward the order window one of them started to stand up. I eyeballed them hard and reached with my right hand (still seated in the Jeep) under my shirt for the P-220. Mr. Stand Up sat down abruptly. Wife came back to Jeep, sat down, and within a half minute both ferals got up ,and walked off the property. Probably nothing, but one never knows.

7 Likes

When we teach self defense (hand to hand) that is one of the subjects I like to talk about. Humans, for survival, are very intuitive, we pick up energy from people places and things. The trick, as you have so perfectly pointed out, is to listen to those energies. You’ll find, they are pretty much spot on most of the time.

10 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @John937 , glad you could join us.

3 Likes

I’m concerned that might be your first or only option when l

3 Likes

I’m concerned that may be your only option when the circumstances would dictate a lesser use of force is appropriate. Think about your criminal nap and/or civil liability too.

3 Likes

Exactly, instinct is a must, if you don’t trust yourself, who can you trust.

5 Likes

Exactly, worrying about someone else’s feelings, ESP in dangerous situations only helps neglect yourself.

4 Likes

Didn’t say I pulled it out yet did I. That eliminated a time saving step. Thus pulling the trigger if need be before you could even clear leather.
Thanks. I’m still learning. Feedback is good.

3 Likes

GIBBS-SLAP those kids for even thinking it. :wink:

6 Likes

You made the back of my head tingle! :rofl:

4 Likes

No you didn’t pull it. I was expressing a concern that it sounded like your first thought was going to the gun immediately. Don’t for get or forgo other levels of force, ie. avoiding the threat, verbal de-escalation, less lethal such as pepper spray, etc. Be cognizant of the penalties, both civil & criminal, for using too much force. Just providing food for thought.

2 Likes

@Don9 >> as I said >> feed back is good.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Best to be prepared my friend!

5 Likes