Opinions on camping and carry please

Thoughts please do you/would you carry camping and why

5 Likes

Yes. I switch to my 6 inch .357 if camping on private property. If on public hunting ground, I carry owb. Why? There are hungry critters in the woods. Also, there might be 2 legged predators as well. I’m more worried about the 4 legged ones when camping.

11 Likes

I would carry while camping, because your out in the woods in isolated areas where help can not get to you immediately if you need it. Wild animals in the area like bears and wolves.

7 Likes

Yes because animals and humans are dangerous lol but yes I also have very large knives on my person as well

7 Likes

10mm with long barrel is my go to woods gun

4 Likes

@Owen2 Glock?

4 Likes

Yes of course 10 rounds 4 mags hollow points and a box of.40 plus p for giggles

4 Likes

W here can we upload pics

2 Likes

I carry everywhere else, why not carry where peace officers are a long ways away, and there be man eating critters about? I do mix it up a little, and carry “bear loads” in either 45acp or .357mag. I also carry bear spray.

9 Likes

My state passed a law expressly confirming the rights of campers to carry. It was based on the presence of wildlife, the potential lack of means to report an emergency, and the time / distance required for first responders to arrive.

7 Likes

What state?

2 Likes

The bottom right when writing a post. There is a little up arrow. That’s how you upload pics.

3 Likes

We carry always! 2 legged critters and 4 legged critters…cats, wolves, and bears! Carry long guns, and ammunition that would scare most people. We also carry our wolf tags! Once in a while a scatter gun if we find some sage grouse.

4 Likes

Always. If when seconds count, the police are minutes away is true when you are in town, the police are hours away when you are out in the wild places.

Even if the four legged are not very scary, when you are in the backcountry, that is where you run into the chances of stumbling upon someone’s illicit activities like a MJ grow operation for instance.

6 Likes

Good feedback thanks

2 Likes

Yes have stumbled into a MJ growing operation in the middle of no where. Quite elaborate irrigation system. LOL

And yes, seconds count, and in the middle of no where, no cell service, no 911.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be worried about a “MJ grow operation” as much as I would the hard drug chem labs in the caves along the Appalachian trail…

I know MJ is federally illegal, and I’m not suggesting people smoke/eat edibles or anything of the sort, but when science/medicine is using MJ as a pain reliever instead of opioids, I can’t figure out why BATFE and DEA are being such sticks in the US citizens’ asses… it’s about time AT LEAST MJ was federally legalized… it’s more fear-mongering than any realistic facts, and the “gateway drug” theory has long been disproven by both the scientific community and the “soft sciences” that treat addiction, and is only alive because of rhetoric, the media, and stubborn rightist politicians.

3 Likes

I had no idea. We still listen to MJ. Weird dude, great performer.

3 Likes

@Randyb — just curious, why the question? What would the down side be? Same hazards in the woods as in the city, even more. Plus, you can shoot just about anywhere on public land so you can get some “range” time in.

4 Likes

Just looking for different ideas…things I wouldn’t have realized

4 Likes