Only in California could the victims be charged with assault

8 Likes

We knew this was coming. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Unfortunately Brother it isn’t just californicator anymore.
The wheels of the wicked are churning up ground all over this great country.
These (2) poor souls are just the next one’s thrown under the bus.

8 Likes

So the guy was minding his own business, stealing cigarettes for freedom of expression, therapy through a difficult time in his life, and was viscously attacked out of the blue.
Yep, victim :thinking::crazy_face::rofl:

10 Likes

yes something like that

6 Likes

All he needed was a Black Lives Matter T-shirt

7 Likes

I’m not a lawyer but it is my understanding that in most places in the US the use of potentially deadly force to protect property is not allowed. Doing so may well place yourself in legal and civil jeopardy.

In this particular case I believe the store employees have a solid legal defense because the thief not only threatened to use deadly force a couple of times but at one point pulled out what appeared to be a knife before deciding to put it back. Therefor he presented an imminent deadly threat to the employees and other customers. Though that may not be enough of a defense to keep charges and civil suits from being filed in an anti self defense state like CA. Even in a non anti self defense State the chances for facing legal and/or civil consequences are much greater than zero.

Either way from both a legal and safety perspective the employees took on significant risk by acting forcefully to detain the thief. What if he had a firearm and decided to use it or pulled the knife and started slashing? Would be nice if LEOs were able to rapidly respond to incidents like these and prosecutors would get these criminals off the streets so citizens didn’t feel the need to take such big risks to protect themselves, their customers and their ability to financially support their families.

5 Likes

Thank goodness Texas is not most places. For a breath of fresh air, review Texas Penal Code Section 9.42 entitled Deadly Force to Prortect Property…it’s not carte blanche, but does permit deadly force if it meets the statutory requirements…hopefully this guy’s brief display of a knife would lead a reasonable person to believe that this was not simple theft, but rather a robbery with the threat of force. Good criminal attorney’s are a necessary species…

7 Likes

I remember looking through that section in response to another topic here. It seemed to only apply at night (between sunset and sunrise? Or is twilight still day?) and only if the the person reasonably believed the property couldn’t be protected or recovered by any other means.

The ambiguity in that last part would definitely make me think twice before using potentially lethal force to protect property if no innocent lives were being imminently threatened.

2 Likes

Theft and criminal mischief during the night time, all the other enumerated felonies are any time. The companion section, 9.41 authorizes force, but not deadly force to terminate an other’s trespass on land or unlawful interference with property, including land or tangible movable property. Of course, during the application of such force, if the transgressor presents an imminent threat of death of serious bodily harm, the situation could change. The other limitations have to be present, the reasonable belief that the property cannot be recovered or protected by any other means, or the use of force other than deadly force would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death of serious bodily injury. So, silver tongued articulation and a good attorney should be available for sure.

5 Likes

You would think the crooks in office would not want competition from amateurs.

6 Likes

I think the kleptocrats view rampant street crime as a good distraction from the crimes they are getting away with every day. The anti self defense folks also seem to believe that it plays into their law abiding citizen disarmament schemes though it is actually having the opposite effect.

3 Likes

And so it begins convincing people not to defend themselves so when the government becomes a full blown dictatorship people won’t defend themselves.

5 Likes

Or a "Straight outta Anti-phuck’ Tee!

just sayin’

2 Likes

"And so it begins convincing people not to defend themselves so when the government becomes a full blown dictatorship people won’t defend themselves’'.

But we’ll look ‘spiffy’ in our brand new uniforms, micro chipped arms and little yellow badges pinned to our lapels!

3 Likes

All chanting sieg heil!

3 Likes

No Sir, THAT would be RACIST! :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

2 Likes

Not even close… the Aryan race was not a real thing to begin with, and Adolph being half-Jew, wasn’t the hallmark of his imaginary ideal. It was all about control, not reality, just like today in the USA.

1 Like

I tend to believe that we of the boomer and later generations cannot truly fathom the depths of evil that Hitler exuded. I visited Dachau when I was in Germany and still can’t comprehend how evil he was. My dad was part of that generation but he never spoke of it, guess it was too difficult to talk about it.

5 Likes

I went to Treblinka (Poland).There on a ‘.Gov Fact finding Mission’ …yep folks
(50+) years AFTER the War… You can’t fix…oh well never mind. Not for here…
It was chilling my Brothers.
The second worst offense is what people (Russians) did to the place
after it was ‘liberated’, Dachau was relatively ‘intact’ ( and scary awful) Treblinka looked
like it was ‘sanitized’ and it was still awful. It was even more bone chilling for
what was left rather than the actual visuals of open pits, ovens, buildings etc.
Lone rail cars were like Headstones, a single ‘monument’ was scary huge and gave me
the willies. I was cold to the bone in the middle of spring, I felt ‘eyes on’ the whole time.
IT’S REALLY NO WONDER THE GREATEST GENERATION NEVER TALKED MUCH ABOUT THIS.
How can you? No words can actually describe something of that magnitude where almost (1)
MILLION INNOCENTS perished (in the timespan of a year or so) In just this one camp.
I think it was just '43-'44? for that place.
I don’t even want to look it up so forgive me my Brothers if I am a little inaccurate.
I’ve said I was in The Mog ('93) back in the day and that was depressing, disturbing and I felt EVIL on the wind. But Treblinka was a whole 'nuther ball game folks. It was the descriptions of our ‘hosts’
on second and third generation storytelling because the nazi’s didn’t leave many actual witnesses that was the most disturbing. Their faces were enough where for me, they didn’t even need to speak.
Guy’s somebody veered of ‘the path’ we were told to stay on and this brain trust stepped on some dirt and collapsed a roof of rotted boards covered with dirt that hadn’t been disturbed in (50) years and the smell of that burial pit was indescribable it ranked right up there with Mogadishu. DEATH IN THE AIR. And NOBODY even knew it was there! they were still finding atrocities there and in other camps they had NO IDEA they were far from finding everything. They GUESS at the sheer numbers or INNOCENTS who were sent where and when. It makes me so angry to see the world being destroyed by these evil people.
A couple of years back I went to LA for a Cruise. (Whoa severe topic change Don!) We walked down city streets that were disgraceful. This wasn’t ‘glitzy’ or fashionable it wasn’t as bad as it probably is now but still it was hard to fathom it was IN AMERICA! It’s like we as a people are devolving. How can we let this continue?. I have been reading A LOT of your posts on a lot of topics and I have been commenting here and there but I am having a hard time seeing what this administration is doing to all of us as a country.
How can you charge a VICTIM with Anything? How can you MURDER a citizen for ‘Mean Tweets’? (even if he was a dumbazz he didn’t deserve to die! or the J-6’ers living in filth and tortured? This isn’t right)
How can you let OUR homeless Vet’s die of exposure untreated maladies/drugs and put Migrants :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: in (5) star Hotels! WTF! The law of the LALA LAND is you have to steal OVER $1000 for it to be a Crime? again WTF! Are these evil people just trying to drive us crazy?
This isn’t a rant my Brothers because I am talking about the EVILS in the past that are no longer talked about, but the numbers of the Vaxx/Scamdemic VICTIMS are going to be unbelievably high! also and people just seem to have moved on to other issues. When Bruce 221 mentioned this the memories came flooding back. Just like it isn’t difficult to remember Mogadishu or the 'stoning 'of a young woman in Saudi Arabia because she was secretly sending her kid to a school! and we were ‘Not Allowed’ to intervene. WHY? Isn’t wrong a good enough reason to save an Innocent life? Is it wrong to defend yourself or another soul from being a victim just because we were caught up in something or just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Seems so. I know I am all over the place here but maybe i have just seen too much. maybe it’s that simple. I apologize for being so preachy or expecting some real change to come about in my lifetime. People seem to have moved the boundaries on what was unacceptable without consulting me.
Mea culpa Brothers. But I have reread this and just can’t seem to delete it. It’s WRONG the way we are being treated. It’s WRONG the way people are being marginalized and forgotten.

THIS ADMINISTRATION IS JUST WRONG.

9 Likes