Oh the things you will see

After listening to the national conversation lately on how the AR-15 was a weapon of war, and all the trouble it is. I decided that I was going to do an experiment. I installed a camera in my safe and left the door of it cracked open. Then I laid a trail of loaded AR mags to the door.

Surely, my AR-15’s would not be able to resist making a break for freedom to go do what AR-15’s do best and go wage war on someone. Or at least turn out to be a Decepticon or an Autobot.

Well, my attempts to trick my AR-15’s met with a resounding failure not a one of them got out of their cradles, not one of them loaded themselves with the available loaded magazines, as a matter of fact the only thing in the the house seemed interested in the magazines was my dog, she wanted them for chew toys.

Could my AR-15’s be defective? Since they don’t seem to do anything except lay there just like any other tool, useless without human agency.

After the test was done I did have a rather unfortunate :sailboat: accident.

10 Likes

I think it’s dead​:rofl::joy::rofl:

We might need to call some of those “gun experts” to have a look! :rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

Did you load the mags with shiny new rounds, none of that reloaded used brass stuff? Maybe your ARs are just picky :thinking:

6 Likes

I’m shocked, nay possibly even appalled I say by the insinuation that I would provide anything but the finest in brand new out of the box 5.56 for my AR-15s. I mean if they are off for an evening of boogalooing, I want them to have the finest in accessories. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Well I at least have a good excuse to go to the range and blow off a couple hundred rounds. " But honey, the mag’s are already preloaded, and you know it’s not good to leave them loaded like that long term".:rofl:

4 Likes

The original AR design was for .308, which is a hunting round. That means the AR, is a hunting rifle. Change my mind :smirk:.

3 Likes

In for information. My AR seems to be lazy as well. I even left a loaded mag in it, and it just sits in it’s case… :grinning:

3 Likes

Well, I happen to agree, .308 in my AR-10 is a mighty fine hunting round.

Yes I admit I used this image from another thread.

3 Likes