Nov. 10th, 1775 in Tunn Tavern

United States MARINE CORPS
The United States Marine Corps traces its roots to the Continental Marines of the American Revolutionary War, formed by Captain Samuel Nicolas by a resolution of the second Continental Congress on “10 November 1775” , to raise two battalions of Marines. “November 10” , the U.S. Marine Corps Birthday honors the history, values, and memory of our heroes who have served, and rekindles the bond which unites generations of Marines. The day celebrates traditions of the Marine Corps with profound respect, paying tribute to the heritage of this distinguished service.

Marine motto Semper Fidelis means “Always Faithful”

Happy Birthday Leathernecks, Devil dogs, ol’ salts, and Chesty Puller!

30 Likes

OohRah!
I was not a Marine but the son and father of Marines. It was a generation skipping disease!

6 Likes

Happy Birthday to the “other” Corps. Everybody knows the Hospital Corps keeps the Marines going :rofl: :innocent:

Happy Birthday Devil Dog’s!!! It has been my honor to walk with you on the field of battle and even make sure more than a few of you got home. I have been blessed by your knowledge, courage and sacrifice and am humbled by those experiences.

Cheers,

Craig6 HMC(SS/FMF)/ Ret.

14 Likes

Yep, did not join, chose instead to work for the Intelligence Community… however, my father had been a DI…
A Vietnam and Korea vet Drill Instructor Marine… yep…

Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps.

2 Likes

800 mg Ibuprofen and rub some dirt on it. I know how yaall work! I loved my Corpsmans and gals! Thank you for your service!

4 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :birthday: :us:

10 Likes
7 Likes

Semper Fi!

6 Likes

My boy (20 year retired Marine) told me yesterday he’s taking the day off Tuesday to drive up to Chesty’s grave and place a flag. Semper Fi! America needs her Marines now more than ever.

11 Likes

Rah Marines!

3 Likes

I’m proud to wear the title “Marine”. Although I served at a time when military members were dis-respected by the flower-power children of the 60s & 70’s, I still wore my uniform proudly. I am heartened by the respect I do see today towards our military members, but I have noted that most of the respect comes from those members of our society that actually remember a time before the cellular telephone, when facetiming someone was something you did in person and when you were held accountable for your actions and words. Semper Fi to my fellow jarheads out there!

6 Likes

A hard time that you had to deal with, I was young back then and I had met a prisoner of war when I was in the scouts. It had a big impression on me. Thank you sir, for your service and Semper Fidelis!

2 Likes

6 Likes

By a bizarre coincidence, November 10th is also Mikhail Kalashnikov’s birthday. Mikhail is best known as the inventor of the AK-47, a weapon many of us Marines are all too familiar with.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday fellow Marines, SEMPER Fi, USMC 1963-1967, last 2 year in Nam. OoRah Carry on…

3 Likes

Agree. :frowning:

That’s “OoRah” sir !! But thank you anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Both of my brothers were Marines…my older brother, vietnam, my younger brother joined after watching his big brother…dedicated to this day…thank you one and all for all you have done and do for this country and each other…Blessings, always, jam

3 Likes

1966 to 1974… was in 68 tet

3 Likes

Welcome home brother :slight_smile:

3 Likes