New Shooter Monday: What is the best ammo brand?

Sh-h-h-h. Let them keep thinking they’re not HP. It’l fit in nicely with all the other ignorance they show regarding guns.

4 Likes

I agree. If they want to say they are not JHPs the are not JHPs!

3 Likes

My Ruger wheelguns get fed a steady diet of Buffalo Bore. The Redhawks and new model Blackhawks get the .44 Magnum +P+, the older three screw Blackhawk gets the standard pressure version. My EDC runs on Underwood xTreme Defender +P. I have never had a failure with either brand.

I don’t plink with these. I have a .22LR for that, and Remington bricks are perfectly adequate for that.

4 Likes

It hurts less while penetrating the skin when you use bullet with tip. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That must be it! We don’t want to hurt anyone!

3 Likes

I thought the purpose of the NJ no HP law was to increase the chances of death and injuries to innocent bystanders while decreasing the potential harm to criminals? The Hornady critical bullets clearly do not meet this goal. Nonsensical laws often get nonsensical exemptions.

6 Likes

Personally when I want to trust the ammo I am using to not fail in a competition I use Federal. I have just seen the best results with it so far. I always waited for the big Black Box sale on Black Friday to pick some up. You have to make sure you send in the rebate form though!

5 Likes

…smiles in 2k rounds of federal 5.56 @ .25 cents/round after rebate…none of which has been shot yet.
Saving the good stuff for my 80th birthday :sunglasses:

Think I have about 9-10 brands at the moment. PMC, ppu, Remington, Winchester, Freedom Munitions, wolf, IMI, aquila, federal,Igman, Malaysian surplus, cci,hirtenberger…well, that’s 14… Happy with all of it. …

2 Likes