I just joined a new range and just went through the orientation. This is the first time I’ve belonged to a private range so I’m not sure if these rules and prices are normal.
- To be able to shoot on the rifle or pistol range, you must pass a qualification (9 out of 10 shots on paper)
- On the pistol range (indoor and outdoor):
- You must shoot from the bench at all times
- Magazines may not be loaded with more than 6 rds
- You cannot draw from the holster (or move/shoot unless “Action Qualified”
- To be Action Qualified, you need to pass NRA Basic Pistol, NRA Protection Inside the Home, NRA Protection Outside the home. Classes must be taken at this range and classes taken at another facility do not count. The classes are only offered once or twice a year and there are approximately 100 new members each month.
Are these normal range rules/prices?
I was very excited to continue the drills/training I learned after taking the USCCA Defensive Shooting Fundamentals I class after @Dawn’s recommendation (THANKS DAWN!) only to learn that I wouldn’t be able to do any of that until at least sometime in mid-to-late 2021.