New pistol brace rule announced

Like the new AR AK ban in Illinois, many Sheriffs are refusing to enforce unconstitutional laws. Gonna wait and see… I’m not interested in registering for the free SBR tax stamp in first 120 days. But I only own one firearm with a pistol brace. I’ll just remove the brace. I’m comfortable running with a sling. Running iron sights only.

5 Likes

I believe being a USCCA member one of the benefits should include free tax stamps😁

8 Likes

I read 219 pages of it. Now let the lawsuits commence! And there are a few.

5 Likes

FYI, it appears if you would do so in an attempt to be legal, you would have to alter the brace such that it cannot be reattached

“This rule is effective the date it is published in the Federal Register. Any weapons with “stabilizing braces” or similar attachments that constitute rifles under the NFA must be registered no later than 120 days after date of publication in the Federal Register; or the short barrel removed and a 16-inch or longer rifle barrel attached to the firearm; or permanently remove and dispose of, or alter, the “stabilizing brace” such that it cannot be reattached; or the firearm is turned in to your local ATF office. Or the firearm is destroyed.”

3 Likes

There you go start’n stuff, lol.

5 Likes

I predict braceloads of boating accidents.

Typical BS. Why would you keep something that has to be made nonfunctional when you can dispose of it?..oh wait, packrat married to a packrat here… nevermind :smirk:…hmm, stick in the buffer hole, start golfing…better yet, hockey…

2 Likes

Would the “common use” standard in Bruen maybe come into play here? It is not a gun owners fault that the braces were legal all of these past years.

This is a gun grab (sort of) and registration scheme all wrapped up in an unconstitutional ball. They should not be able to create a new laws outside of the Congress. NFA or not, they are the ones who “allowed” people to buy and use them.

This ain’t right

4 Likes

Being disabled myself, I would love to see the attorneys and advocates for the Americans with Disabilities Act jump in on this as well especially since they were created to help disabled people be able to shoot certain firearms. They have helped me out of a lot of jams where I was being discriminated against unlawfully.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Chemikill_Warfair

2 Likes

@karacal Hello and thank you. Debating whether i want take myself and my service dog to Academy Sports tonight and pick up a Ruger LCP Max for my new pajama gun LOL. My Taurus TCP has been my pajama gun for the last four to five years and I can shoot 1 inch five shot groups with it at 7 yards. But my buddy bought an LCP Max and now I’m trying to make an excuse to buy one as well haha.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! I have an LCP Max and really like it. It’s a great little pocket pistol which I think is a perfect excuse to go pick one up;)

4 Likes

The closest I’ve come to the Ruger in size is my brother’s G42, I can shoot the smaller pistols but it just wasn’t pleasant, went with a CR920

3 Likes

Im becoming more pursuaded now. I have no significant other to get mad. Im like Ron Swanson I have a permit in my wallet that reads " I do what i want to do." Lol

3 Likes

That Cr920 looks like a Gucci G26. Lol. I carrry my G26 in a Gould and Goodrich bootlock holster and a G43 at about 4 o’clock in my waistband. My profile pic is a 4 shot group with the G43 at 7 yards. It measured 7/8ths of an inch with those snappy Winchester 124gr Nato rounds.

2 Likes

Our Sheriff has been in office for 50 years in this county and i know he will not enforce anything unconstitutional like this.

3 Likes

I remember the good ole days of my G26😎
I can’t afford a Gucci Glock so I settled for my Shadows, beat all my Glocks fresh out of the box and I loved my G19.

2 Likes

Jokes on them… I had just submitted my Form 1 to SBR my Daniel Defense AR Pistol a week ago. It got kicked back for a small error on my part and was refunded. So, I resubmitted using the Tax Exempt Form 1 link to re-do it. Saved me $200 bucks. And, because I was going to do it anyway, I did my AP5 as well.
They already have a back door registry anyway and I already decided to do I wanted to SBR these 2 before the ruling. So, I guess I will have to deal with whatever comes down the line later.
I think the supreme court is already moving towards de-fanging the NFA eventually (even if very slowly) so I will roll the dice.

5 Likes

I never needed a Gucci Glock to hit anything in my 38 years of shooting. But now I may have to check out this Cr920 along with the Ruger LCP Max I already want. You’re killing my race car fund man. Lol

4 Likes

Been there and done that already, sucked me dry! SCCA Region 7

2 Likes

One of my cars is a 94 RX7 that I I’m planning on having about $25,000 to $30,000 in engine work done to it. The body, paint and interior are perfect other than a couple things had to be cut for the roll cage. It’s only got about just over 34,000 original miles on it

2 Likes