New Mexico officer resigns after 'excessive force' on 11-year-old girl who

1 Like

Getting arrested would have been the least of my problems had I behaved that way in school.

5 Likes

I would be safer in a jail cell. “Excessive Force” by an officer would have seemed like cuddling, when my father got ahold of me.

5 Likes

Amen to that.

1 Like

The article and the headline don’t match up. Clickbait BS. It should read after assaulting school staff rather than “taking too much milk”.

The lack of respect people and kids have these days is terrible.

3 Likes

Personally I applaud the officer for his restraint.

Unfortunately this girl and many other kids who watch the video will in future police encounters believe they are perfectly within their rights to resist detentions/arrest with force.

Some of those kids will end up taking a hell of a beating as a result and others will likely end up dead.

3 Likes

[…]
According to Officer Christensen’s field report, the child assaulted two school employees that morning. The officer claims one assault occurred when the girl walked past the assistant principal and brushes past him and the second occurred when the girl attempted to open the door and walked past the principal.
[…]
Plus throwing milk on the ground… :angry:

I don’t think I would expect my mom to pick me up… I’d probably see my father with big leather belt in his hand…
Sometimes I miss old times when respect was more important than “rights”.

2 Likes