My Goal for the week of 6/10/19

I think setting goals is really important, so I’m going to bring it up again today! And probably next week and the week after that. There’s a lot you can learn about self-defense, firearms, and carrying here. But I think learning how to set and be accountable for your goals can help you in all aspects of your life.

So I’m challenging all of you AGAIN to start setting weekly goals and post them here. Writing them down will make them more real and help me check in with you later this week!

Make it a SMART goal:
S pecific
M easurable
A chievable
R elevant
T ime-bound (we’ll use one week)

What’s your goal for this week?

1 Like

My goals for the week are:

1. Get the oil in my car changed (I won’t say how overdue that is!)
  2. Get caught up on assigning badges in the Community
  3. Send my dad’s Father’s Day Card so it’s on time for once!
  4. Get the home maintenance scheduled

Like you see from my goals, they don’t have to be difficult to achieve, but they are things I have to get done!

2 Likes

This week is the same as last week…just survive. :slight_smile: My plans keep getting overcome by weather, work, and other people’s plans changes. Let’s talk next week!

2 Likes

Buy a suit and tie. I got voted in as a Deacon at church, and need to dress the part for ordination and other such occasions. Apparently, Men’s fashion in my area doesn’t understand Big and Tall.

4 Likes

@Dawn love the new badges

Next 2 weeks on vacation so goals are gonna be pretty irrelevant. I normally work over 100 a week so just gonna unplug and enjoy the family.

2 Likes
  1. Renew membership at outdoor range on Tuesday.
  2. Work on the wedding gift bar everyday for at least 30 minutes.
  3. Log into the community everyday to stay current with want is going on.
  4. Pick up used handgun on Tuesday (I bought it sight unseen on the recommendation of someone I trust).
  5. Go to soon to be step grand daughters HS graduation party on Sunday.
3 Likes
  1. Try to make it to 5pm Friday.
  2. Continue German Shepherd puppy training/orientation lol
  3. Straighten house a little.
  4. Work in garden.
  5. Sketch out patio fence layout.
  6. Look into a few evening classes.
  7. Spend time with wife before she goes out of town for work and celebrate her new upcoming job.
2 Likes
  1. Start some form of exercise regimen.
  2. Learn how to do stuff in Fusion 360 (autocad) so I can design birthday presents and 3D print them.
2 Likes
  1. 2 trips to the range
  2. Handgun cleaning for what I have with me
  3. Housekeeping on my room in MI
  4. Enough sleep every night this week
3 Likes
  1. (Done) Attend Intro to Handguns class with my wife (she wanted me to go with her, and refreshers NEVER hurt)
  2. (Done) New tire’s for wife’s car
  3. Minimum of one hour at the range with wife, then cleaning
  4. Clean off the deck
  5. Get new fire shields for the gas grill
  6. Re-organize trunk of wife’s car (got a new and better container for the emergency stuff)
  7. Meeting with contractor to have master bath redone
2 Likes

That’s a great goal, @Sheepdog556!

1 Like

Can you make that measurable, @Brian1? Maybe exercise 30 min 3 times a week? Or go for a 3 mile walk every day?

1 Like

6 hours? 8 hours? 4.5 hours? Making it a solid number should help. :slight_smile:

@45IPAC - congratulations on the Deacon at church! Have fun shopping.

@JKetchem - congratulations to the wife on her new job! Can you give your goals some solid numbers or other measurements? Straighten the house - dust, and vacuum every room, do the dishes and wipe down the counters and sink every night? Measurable goals make it easier to achieve results.

3 Likes

I do, but In interest of brevity I just made it inclusive as “house stuff” lol

2 Likes

Wed. I have a training from Convention of States for volunteering with them.
Thus. Going with my wife to see the Israeli Scots perform. They come to the
Phoenix, Arizona area every year. And for 16 to 18 year old they’re real
good.
Fri. I’m going to my gun club to finish sighting in my .22 1911 that I put a Red
Dot sight on and to do some practice with a few of my other guns.

2 Likes

Yep, better detail means better results.
8 hours minimum :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that’s going to be the tricky part. I want to put something like that on paper, so I guess the goal would be… set up a measurable exercise regimen that’s doesnt include a leg day.

1 Like

IMG951196 IMG951182 IMG951190

Tuesday and goals are being accomplished. Lol

3 Likes

that’s some kinda happy right there @Sheepdog556!

1 Like

And for the sake of this forum. There was a Glock 19 and 2 extra mags in bag right behind us. My father and I were the only ones knowing that. As much as I’m enjoying this vacation. I’m still carrying. Lol

2 Likes