My conclusion for using full size firearms for conceal carry

Yeah, I think it was James May who insisted that a car which is optimized for a race track is going to suck on real roads. He’s not entirely incorrect. That’s probably true for a tight autocross course or a drag strip.

I’ve completely lost the metaphor. :laughing: Something about firearms?

3 Likes

Loud things you can put a muffler on, close enough

4 Likes

A high quality gun belt makes a huge difference.
I thought my brother was crazy for buying two Galco leather gun belts at $100 a pop, until he wore those same ones for over 20 years, THEN gave them to me. They are still like new!

3 Likes

@Karacal, you might know this guy … 10+ years ago a guy in my neighborhood trailered a Nissan GTR around the country running SCCA events. My understanding from him was he was the national champ in his division for several years. Then they changed the course reducing the length of straightaways - he started loosing. He returned everything to stock and sold the GTR. He replaced it with a Scion FR-S and had started modifying when I moved 130 miles away and lost contact with him.

1 Like

…and Guayaberas, fishing shirts, retro bowling shirts etc…

2 Likes

I may have run into him at some point.
Changing the straights? The courses are never the same even at Nationals.

3 Likes

Sounds like a Jeopardy category; I’ll take “Things You put Mufflers on” for $200, Alex. :rofl:

3 Likes

I carry all my CC guns from Glock 43, 1911s to Glock 17 AIWB in good Kydex holsters and a Kore belt. All of them are comfortable for as long as I need them to be. A few days ago I decided to carry my Glock 48 OWB in Kydex at 3:00 for just a couple of hours. Lord that just sucked!!! I just can’t carry in a standard holster anymore…

3 Likes

Respectfully disagree. My edc is currently a p320 x5 full size. Lol.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Detroitdeplorable
What holster and belt do you use?

1 Like

The belt is from 511 tactical and the holster is warriorland? I tried to upload a photo but don’t know how lol. I’m guessing I need to do a pic hosting thing. I don’t get why that’s still a thing lol

2 Likes

https://ibb.co/FVcx91R

3 Likes

On my mobile I click on this, not sure if it is different on desktops

4 Likes

That worked!

5 Likes

This is my current EDC belt.

3 Likes

Being older with lots of physical issues comfort is a big deal to me. I have to find that balance point between what I would like to carry and what I will carry daily. After a great deal of experimentation, with a severely arthritic back, my choice is the following holster with one of three firearms. The holster design is o w b with a 12° can’t and I wear it just behind my left hip. I carry one spare mag and a horizontal mag holder on my belt in Cross draw position. Not saying everyone should do this but it works for me and I could afford the custom leather work. All three firearms work well in the system for me. One of two hellcats our primary. The flat Earth hellcat has had the Green Dot and talon grips added since the pic. Kimber custom super Carry four inch 45 ACP secondary, sig Sauer p938 3rd in line if I must. Not shown is a p238 in its pocket holster as the last resort. I use a kore essentials or a nexbelt. A loose t-shirt easily conceals this rig. The bobtail on the 1911 helps concealment.

6 Likes

I carried a Rugar SR40 for a long time until I picked up the CZ P10s. I used an N8 Tactictal that I still use if I carry the 40. Super comfortable

1 Like

Wow that’s pretty leather!!! :heart:

3 Likes

Who made the holster? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

TT Leather. He’s an older gentleman he and his wife live off grid in California. He does have internet access and a web page. His quality is every bit as good as some of the best custom holster makers I have seen. https://www.ttgunleather.com/. His turnaround times are definitely better than Milt Sparks, quality every bit as good or better and prices depending on what you want are comparable.
The holster for the hellcat is the elephant skin trim. Holster for the sig the sharkskin trim. Holster for the Kimber is alligator trim.

Yeah I know they’re concealment rigs and nobody should see them but me but that’s okay with me because I really like fine craftsmanship and fine leather. The same holsters can be made without the exotic leather at a significant savings from him. I also have a loop retained iwb from him. After four holsters that I have had him make not one bad experience and I would highly recommend him if you’re looking for custom work.

4 Likes