Must-See Gun Movies

I’ve been binging Westworld, the remake on HBO. Their “single action” revolvers seem to have a few advanced features. There are a lot of scenes where the lady doesn’t bother to cock the hammer first, just pumps away on the trigger. And most of the time there are 6 rounds in them, which is okay, but the firing pin is clearly visible in closeups where the hammer is cocked back. I thought they loaded only 5 back then.

And how about that huge revolver the black-hatted bad guy totes! Never seen one like that before.

Sorry to be so nit-picky, but I’ve been shooting for about three years now and I know just enough to be dangerous…

For fun-fiction, I liked “Unforgiven ”. Never seen “Dark Tower ”; I’ll check it out.

How bout:

Triple Frontier
Acts of Vengeance
Security

Billy Jack

1917, of course.

And Dunkirk.

The Promise has some good WW1 vintage weaponry

1 Like

THE KILLER

A BETTER TOMORROW

A BETTER TOMORROW II

HARD BOILED

How about:
Desperado
Enemy at the Gate
The Ghost and the Darkness
Big Jake

2 Likes

The Wild Bunch
Open Range

1 Like

Pandemic social distancing, wintery weather … made me look for a good film to check out:

Documentary
Keep and Bear (2017)
Targeted: Exposing the Gun Control Agenda (2016)
Crime Strike (2004)

Drama/entertainment
The Right of The People (1986)
The Salton Sea (2002)
By Night’s End (2020)
In the Line of Duty: The F.B.I. Murders (1988)
Disturbing The Peace (2020)
AmeriGeddon (2016)
The Punisher series/Netflix (2017-2019)
It’s In The Blood (2012)

1 Like

Didn’t see anyone mention “The Mexican” - Just kidding on that one, really bad. Seriously “Terminator II” didn’t make the list?

Two more:
There Be Dragons (Broomhandle Mauser alert!)

For Greater Glory (rebuilding old guns for the Cristeros)

My favorite as a child.

1 Like

Outlaw (2008)

Great actors before their prime. Remember Death Wish?; This one has six vigilante lads working as a group, but in England. Of course, not good to take law into one’s hands, but entertaining fiction.

Son’s of Katie Elder.

1 Like

Haven’t read al the posts, but noticed one with Terence Hill above. Great movie with him and Henry Fonda called “My Name is Nobody”.

I highly recommend a Netflix Limited Series.

Godless

It’s a very good series. Just finished it last night. I’d like to know what others think about it. Everything seemed authentic for its time.

2 Likes