MRDS (micro red dot sights)

Well, now you have the chance to get it zeroed and try it out!

Heres a good video for how to zero a MRDS for anyone that needs a good video. Aaron Cowen is extremely knowledgeable:

2 Likes

Being a young 83 with slightly weaker eyesight I am unable to attain sharp focus on the front sight without corrective glasses. Then, with sharp focus on the sight the target is fuzzy. I discovered the red dot system and immediately purchased a SIG 320 with the Romeo Red Dot. WOW! What a difference. Running a shoot/move/reload/timed type course at various distances my score jumped from 75% to 95% hits in the kill zone. You BYA that Iā€™m a believer in Red Dot sights. Not as fast getting on target as Lazer sighting, but no tell tale beam pointing to the source either. And, a draw and hit in under 2 seconds ainā€™t all that bad.

5 Likes

I am really, really happy reading your post @GREG12. A draw and hit in under 2 seconds is not bad at all!

1 Like

Thinking of milling G19gen5 for RMR. Just wondering if I need to pay for suppressor height sights. Given advances in battery life and reliability, isnā€™t the RMR enough I could just change the battery annually like my smoke alarms. (FYI it is for EDC/home)

Iā€™d say go for the suppressor height sights. Yes the battery lifeā€™s great and theyā€™re very reliable, particularly the rmr, but Iā€™m just one of those guys who says better safe than sorry. Thereā€™s so many things that could possibly render the dot unusable from fogging up to getting dirty while be carried or just a flat out failure. All it takes is one little piece of lint to land in the right spot in the emitter and thereā€™s no dot when you draw and presentā€¦

Get suppressor height sights. It is unwise to not have BUIS with a device that runs on electronics.

Also, I just get all backed out BUIS for the MRDS. I dont want a bunch of dots and different colors drowning the dot out.