More Ladies' Pro-Unalienable Rights voices needed in pubic. Very effective

It is so easy to get discouraged by all of the anti-unalienable rights gibberish and confusion we hear in the public arena these days. So much of it comes from people who just don’t know any better, intellectually-honest people who could be brought around to the truth if only they heard it from someone they might tend to trust more than others. So then, when thinking about it, if the public discussion or debate concerned some other topic, who would you tend to trust or considered to be more credible than others, whether an individual or group? Someone in your own political party, obviously. But for another, among many others, someone of your own gender, whether male or female.

It occurred to me this morning, while reading some other threads here, how so encouraging it is for me, individually, as a man, to see and hear the ladies stand up and speak up for our unalienable rights, particularly our right to life and our right to acquire, keep and bear arms to protect ourselves from tyranny. There is just something about it, something about seeing ladies stand up in public and tell the truth about our God-given right to keep, bear and use arms that strikes me as being so much more effective in reaching the public, especially in reaching other ladies, than with men. And while we need to be making every long-term, endless effort to be teaching our school children about these rights and the prices that have been paid down through our American history to protect these rights, our most important immediate need seems to be reaching those ladies in the suburbs that pollsters are continually talking about.

USCCA seems to do a pretty good job at putting ladies in the forefront, and so does the NRA. But we need much more of it, ladies armed not only with their firearms but also with the facts, to be active spokespersons for the cause. And it doesn’t have to be so all serious and debate oriented, either. It can be fun, like taking someone to the range with you, or as one of the ladies on this forum suggested, throw a holster party. Or have lady guest speakers at your clubs or whatever. You ladies know how to do it. All of that is best left to you.

9 Likes

@Buzz I think you are right we need to be visible and we need to be heard. I think in part it’s the surprise factor… when I hear “I would never have guessed you were into firearms or second amendment rights” from someone who’s just met me, I’m happy… it means I’m shaking up their assumptions and challenging their view of the world.

If I can do that in a way that makes people think, and not just knee-jerk. I’m doing it right. I mean, if someone’s great grandmother is carrying and advocating for 2A, maybe there’re things to reconsider.

Of course people who know me aren’t surprised, they just want me to take them shooting. That’s a lot of why I started to get my training as an instructor 30 or so years ago, so I could teach them correctly and safely.

I agree with you, we have to not only be brave enough to carry, but also to speak our minds.

4 Likes

If Shannon Watts and her Moms Demand action ilk can get some screen time, I think we can get @Dawn and @Zee some screen time telling them to shove it!

4 Likes

This weekend was the FREEDOM NOW CONFERENCE in Phoenix, AZ. And I was at it all weekend. and Beth from USCCA was one of maybe 15 women giving speeches. and they all talked about what roll women do and can bring to the conversation when it comes to not only gun laws but also rights. and Beth did a fantastic job. And I even got to meet her as well. I also tried to take a picture to post of her giving her speech but it came out to blurry to use.

2 Likes

I agree we need to hear more from women - and men - about our rights. To me it’s a unisex topic. There are specific carrying challengers for each sex and each individual.

And you will find very outspoken and knowledgeable men and women here. I’m happy to have all voices here on ALL sides of the issue. I learn as much from the opposing viewpoint (expressed respectfully) as I do from the pro-firearm people. And sometimes I learn more from the opposition.

Some women are more vocal and outspoken than others - you’ll find a few of us here :wink: right @Zee?

6 Likes

@dawn yeah there’s a few of us who are pretty out there with our opinions :grin:
I think there are some unique viewpoints here as well, including some with military or LEO experience, both liberal and conservative, and some who have moved from one site of the firearms question to the other.

My observation is that men and women tend to come at the topic in generally different ways, as do liberals and conservatives, but that we each bring our own unique experience, and there is no one set of rules, approaches or opinions that can be applied to any category of people.

One of the things I really like about this forum is that people of all different backgrounds are coming here because of their belief in their right to defend themselves and their loved ones, and that we can test our ideas against others who share the same values. That prepares us for bringing those ideas and opinions to the wider world.

5 Likes

Well @Zee, did you do this in your interview?(I’m kidding)

@45IPAC :laughing: oddly enough, Shannon Watts and Moms Demand Action didn’t come up during the interview :thinking: so no… actually… I didn’t need to :wink:

I’ll have to work on formulating just the right reply, in case it comes up… probably a good “self defense” scenario… :smile: :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Hello! I wanted to share this article since, for once, the media ( 12/27/19) shared positive comments about a woman with a CCL:

Cheers and Happy New Year!

5 Likes

Welcome Margaret. Attagirl to the young lady. And this is why we carry.

2 Likes

As the President of the Shawano Area Republican Women’s Club my wife (Nancy8) is very active
in the public eye. She has been on the local radio station several times this year, calls and writes and meets with local and state politicians, always ready to talk conservative values with anyone, is very Pro 2A, Pro Life, and Pro Family. She is very active with Fair booths where she can talk to and inform the public of current issues. She is an effective voice for conservative values.

2 Likes

(Nancy says) If any women in Wisconsin want to become active in the Republican Party feel free to contact her.

1 Like

My wife and I were near you last weekend on our way to and from her mothers.
Fishing on Shawano lake was busy on our way up on Saturday and almost empty on our way back on Sunday. I wonder if all that rain had anything to do with it?

1 Like

Yup I think the fish were drowning. Next time your this way let us know, we could have lunch or bust some caps.

1 Like

Shawano County Board was suppose to meet next Wednesday to decide on whether to pass a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Resolution, now cancelled due to Corona Virus. A couple of supporters (Sharon and I) had gone all over the county, meeting people and asking people to come to the Board meeting. Now what, hopefully they will all show up another month.

2 Likes