Military Appreciation Month - Let's See Your Photos!

Thank you to all members of our military and our veterans who have given so much in service to our country. We take the rights they have fought to protect seriously and appreciate everything they’ve done.

While I’m not a veteran, many members of my family have served. Here’s a photo of my grandfather when he was serving in World War II.

If you’re a current military member or a veteran, please post a photo of you in uniform below.

Please join me in thanking these heroes in this thread.

12 Likes

Sorry, all known photos of me in uniform were lost in a fire.
Don

(That is actually true and not a joke)

4 Likes

7 Likes

My wife warned me not to post this photo… don’t tell her!
Medic… 1969-71

5 Likes

This was right after Graduating Boot camp 1969.

8 Likes

Me and my battle buddy. I am on the right. This is from a post deployment ball after a pretty rough tour in Afghanistan. It was also the evening I was promoted to Sergeant Major. An evening to remember.

6 Likes

Afghaniland, 2012

7 Likes

Best I could do was to crop myself out of a group shot from USAF, 1968.

Chanute

Not quite that pretty today, though…

8 Likes

In Vietnam taking out a sapper

5 Likes

USN RETIRED 1974 - 1998

4 Likes

Many of my family have served in the US Military.

It’s been a few years since I’ve seen the original pic below. IIRC, it was a postcard sent to my family from my grandfather and uncle while serving as US soldiers. They were sent to France at the end of WW 1. They were Filipino, but back then the Philippines was part of the US. They went back to the Philippines after their service and finishing college in the US.

I’ll try to find a pic of my father’s APC.

6 Likes

USN 2001 to 2005

3 Likes

Blacky U.S.M.C.

3 Likes

C-130? BTW, Welcome aboard, shipmate

1 Like

Yes, sir! I was in a P3 Patrol Squadron, but that photo was with some random C130

1 Like

Hope all the Military Brothers and Sisters had the best of days yesterday remembering all who are no longer with us. My Biker family and I spent the day placing flags on our families graves who went before us. But we finding that we are expanding our reach to those who never seem to have one on their graves. After all we are a Military family no matter where we served :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

1 Like