Marijuana Users Get Second Amendment Rights?

There’s gun owners addicted to Oxycodone. They can have Oxycodone on them and get pulled over with a firearm. A oxycodone addict can be in a self-defense shooting and not charged with unlawful possession. You’re not going to tell me that oxycodone is less inebriating then marijuana. There’s people that take antidepressants and/or adderall but that’s legal. Adderall is an amphetamine. It’s legal Meth.

Tim do me a favor and if you don’t believe what I’m about to tell you, look it up. Oklahoma has the most medical marijuana patients out of the whole country. Super Republican and Christian state which is also one of the states with most gun owners. People cannot deny the medical benefits of marijuana anymore. Even the Army is looking into the studies and the Pentagon just released a memo last year saying that service members can use CBD which is marijuana without THC. This ain’t a left or right thing anymore. I’m super conservative and I’m a Bible thumper.

1 Like

Brandon, I’m not arguing that at all, so please forgive me if it came off differently. I was just stating that typically and historically, it is one-sided at least at the federal level.

4 Likes

If at the moment an individual is in an impaired state, they should not have access to a weapon.

Being an alcoholic or an addict in itself does not mean you are impaired at any given moment.

Laws don’t prevent crime they punish it!

7 Likes

My father in law, smoked weed with his squad when he was active duty until 1982 when Reagan imposed drug tests on all federal employees. I knew a soldier when I was in that would teach M240 classes at the range because he understood the weapon system better than any other NCO in my SOF unit and he smoked pot everyday. I was a parachute rigger so I got drug tested every month so I didn’t dare to take a chance. Every soldier that’s been stationed at Fort Carson, CO has heard about the wild marijuana fields that used to spread on the base. There’s a joke that they came from the Vietnam veterans throwing roaches out the windows of the barracks when they were smoking joints. Marijuana has become a part of American History and culture whether people like it or not from Willie Nelson to Joe Rogan. However, celebrities and wealthy people can own firearms and use marijuana because they can afford private security for self defense but they can still shoot for sport and/or hunting on YouTube.

They took Elmer’s gun away from him!

3 Likes

If at the moment an individual is in an impaired state , they should not have access to a weapon.

3 Likes

So if there’s a single short skinny white young mother that had a few cups of wine after putting her kids to bed and two big black hiv positive men break into her house through a window to rape and kill her children and she shoots them she should go to jail right?

2 Likes

If this all goes according to plan, it will end up like alcohol! Today it’s a DUI , tomorrow an SUI, shooting under the influence! Maybe stiffer penalties but alcoholics still drive and still kill!
Off the beaten path… but as soon as all the guns are confiscated and we’re all stoned as heck we’ll be ripe for an invasion. A true violent invasion.
I have to agree that Marijuana does not pose the same impairment risks as opiates and alcohol!
Personally I don’t agree with MM or recreational use and Gun ownership!

1 Like

No perfect solution.
I can be on high after two tablets of “Pseudoephedrine HCl”, which is fe. “Sudafed”. The same effect is after spending 5 minutes with “Shoe Goo” glue. :innocent:
I don’t know if these should be banned… :man_shrugging:

I’d like to see all the people of the World to be responsible and do responsible things… :angel:

That sounds like a debate that should take place after we get the country back! That debate applies to all of us.
Never took drugs before, but now recently released from some kind of surgery, home alone on pain meds, and a home invasion occurs, do I still retain the right to protect myself?
Many may answer yes, and then head down the road of consequences! I see it as impaired but alive, and in jail. Bad guy goes home, smokes a joint, posts on FB and laughs about how good guy couldn’t shoot straight! Unfortunately that’s the reality! Bad guy wins, good guy loses!

3 Likes

China already owns us if you haven’t noticed. They own our agriculture, media like Disney, the RINOs and democRATS. When the covid lockdown first happened they were trying to send the pigs from Smithfield North Carolina to China to process the meat and then ship back to us. We lost the fight once we stopped our own manufacturing because if they lay a Siege on us we’re done for. Look at General Milley, Obama, Joe Biden, Fauci and Commiefornia.

2 Likes

:point_up_2:

:man_facepalming:

The craziest part of all of this though is that I can still own a crossbow legally even if I smoke medical marijuana. I just know that most home invasions involve at least two to three people. Unfortunately I have a bad wrist and can’t operate a crossbow so it’s infuriating. Never forget Hickok45 loves to smoke pots.

Fauci authorized the funding for COVID-19 in China. The Obama administration funded the research at UNC for coronavirus and then moved it to Wuhan. Here’s the published study from UNC. If you follow the research you’ll notice that the research originally started in Afghanistan from a virus that was prominent in Afghani camels.
https://global.unc.edu/news-story/unc-epidemiology-study-new-sars-like-virus-may-be-nearly-ready-to-infect-humans/

I agree with @Jerzees here; I’m not a user, and never have been. I haven’t been part of “that crowd” either, and haven’t even observed the degree or manner to which smoking changes someone’s behavior. When my friends who smoke do so, they retire to their separate space. So it’s hard to comment specifically on marijuana.

However, as I think @George98 has said, if you’re impaired by any substance, you shouldn’t be in possession of a firearm. That’s regardless of the substance in question. Do not drive, do not operate heavy machinery… don’t handle a gun.

3 Likes

Hope for your (and others close to me) sake this gets passed, and those allowed get the right strain, most likely high CBD, low THC content, to help with chronic pain. Been there done that, injury 40 years ago allowed me a lifetime supply of demoral and percodan, which I realized were killing me after about a year…the natural alternative in my experience has a lot of variables, based on ones personality as well as the quality and characteristics of the strain consumed. From what I see, the industry has become pretty legit and made incredible advances in helping patients compared to the old " hey dude, let’s party" days…
Being a gun owner and having priorities, I gave up all adulterants, but find CBD helps for the minor issues I still have. Good luck to you, and yeah, stay away from the pharmaceutical crap.

1 Like

I’m not saying that anyone should be able to carry a firearm in public and be under the influence. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. If someone is not in their place of residence with a firearm under the influence they should get the book thrown at them.

4 Likes

I thought you wanted a conversation not playing gottcha’

4 Likes

If you want to have an intellectual discussion about this, let’s by all means do so. But this scenario is simply inflammatory, and intended to provoke a knee-jerk, and pardon me for saying so, racially-based emotional response. Is that how we want to make self-defense decisions, emotionally?

The possibility of needing to respond to an acute threat must be weighed against the possibility of irresponsible behavior due to willfully diminished capacity.

In such a scenario, if the woman shot her attackers, the legal system would have to sort and consider the evidence.

There’s always a personal choice in the matter, a weighing of the risks. If I’m going to have a cocktail before dinner and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, I’m not going to drive afterwards. Likewise, I’m going to put my carry gun up for the evening. There are others who choose not to drink at all, because they decide not to risk being unarmed for any reason.

5 Likes