Man dragged away by a bear is found ALIVE one month later

Wow.

2 Likes

In mother russia, bears use you for carpet.

2 Likes

Holy Cow. That’s one tough guy.

1 Like

And your bones for toothpicks and chew toys to cut down on winter boredom.

If and I do say IF this story is true and accurate he’s one of the toughest and luckiest men who has ever lived. God is most certainly his copilot.

1 Like

So would you carry a .45 or a 10 mm while hiking to protect yourself from bears? :bear:

2 Likes

Either or both loaded with Plus P or P++ deep penetrating expanding hollow points preferably with a Tungsten or Stainless penetration.

My “Bear Defense” gun and ammo is a .41RM or .44M, loaded with Winchester Dual Bond bullets. Sadly they are off the market.

Unfortunately the old Tungsten Penetrator rounds I used to keep were outlawed during the Clinton Years and never came back after the law and reg’s changed.

I still carry the .40 or .45 as well s I have “solid backup” with “proven ammo”.

1 Like

Going to be getting a Sig P220 hunter in 10mm. Is it after July 25th yet so I have the money from selling my house?

And I will be getting some Fort Scott Munitions solid spun copper bullets to feed it.

2 Likes

Now that Springfield is producing he XD/XDM’s in 10mm I’m seriously giving consideration to them again.

There are also several manufacturers now producing compatible barrels for them with +P or ++ ratings as well. I’ve just been hesitant to use one in a factory .40 model due to possible warranty issues.

The high pressure loads get very close to .41RM energies with equal weight bullets and that is a lot of firepower in a double stack configuration.

1 Like

Luckiest unlucky person I’ve ever heard of.

3 Likes