Making $$ hog hunting

I was watching some hog hunting videos on YT Knowing that wild hogs are a big problem in many states, how much money can be made starting a hog removal business? I searched google and it came back with 100k to 120k. That seems a bit high to me but I know wild hogs are a huge problem in some places. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view, hogs aren’t a problem to my knowledge in KY. Is this a seasonal business as well?

Then once you kill them, you need a place/business to process the meat and hide. Being retired and looking for ways to keep busy and make money.

4 Likes

Eurasian wild boar can acclimate to almost any environment from Canada to Russa. :boar:
Starting a business would be a huge capital outlay, I would think maybe you could see who is in the business and hire on.

Wild Pig Home - Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife

2 Likes

This is underestimation - you can market to Europeans and American city slickers, who will drop $$$ for hunting trips. I read about Germans who come to TX for this purpose.

3 Likes

There is a group in south centeral Fl they hunt coyotes and hogs. Most are AR platforms. 223/5.56, 243,300blk out, 308, plus the ultra rare 30 06 AR.
Tears them up

3 Likes

Good link. KY Wildlife doesn’t want the public to shoot them. They say they have more success trapping them and then shooting them. According to KY Wildlife officials hunting only makes them go nocturnal or leave the area. Hogs also run preferred hunting animals away such as white tailed deer and turkeys. KY Wildlife also says hunting can’t keep up with the birth rate of wild pigs, harvest rate from hunting is 30% when 70% is needed to prevent the pig population from growing.

4 Likes

Probably more money to be made running motorized hog hunt packages with glam camping and gourmet dining.

6 Likes

:rofl: Tax The Rich. :rofl:

3 Likes

Just so you can see how much fun it would be. :grinning:
P.S. I have posted this before.

3 Likes

I can see myself running out of ammunition before hogs

4 Likes

I’m with Karacal. I would need an M60 to be able to hit anything while flying.

4 Likes

Yawt yawt channel would agree with that statement. Hunting is hunting or as we call it the fair chase. Using a remote controlled wireless hog trap is control no fair chase.

2 Likes

Thats big business in texas. I know of a couple outfits you can even hunt them from helicopters eith beltfeds if you have the coin and were so inclined

5 Likes

For me… You make a package deal: Tent on the Mesa, camp fire grub (hot dogs, burgers Beans, beans Beans etc) 1.000 rounds each, a REAL M4 and old school Hummers hunting Cartel Cowboys and MY name is first on the list !
I can’t shoot an animal for sport ! just can’t. HUNTING is the exception. And if you waste the meat that’s utterly disgraceful to boot! But if there is over crowding /some illness that can spread to other heard , attacks on People’s live stock, or this Hog removal mentioned here, THAT makes sense to me. But If that makes me a Puss, then I am a puss. But I’ve seen too much waste in this lifetime and I couldn’t add to it. A-holes that shoot from their trucks drivin’ down a road just to kill something or shooting an animal in a cage and claim it for a trophy (I would so love to see the face of fear you put that bastard in a cage and aim a rifle at him…I’d take pictures!).
I am more agreeable to hunting (2) legged vermin ( deserving a head shot) than (4). But that’s just me.

3 Likes

Watched a bit over 3 minutes and saw he left several still noticeably alive (down with legs kicking). Hunting is fine, but don’t let them suffer unnecessarily.

2 Likes

If you had watched the whole thing, you would have seen him shoot others 2 or three times to make sure they were dead. Nerves can cause an animal to kick even tho dead. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I saw that, too. Maybe nerves, maybe still alive, but he didn’t shoot those again to be sure.

1 Like