maintain safety

1st thing is you don’t let Alec Baldwin on the set of ‘Rust’

7 Likes

I actually have a mixed feelings about using real firearms in the movies.
These days airsoft replicas are so convincingly similar to the original, that those could be used without any doubt.

I’m not an actor… but I would never stand in front of the muzzle, knowing it is a real firearm. It is my self preservation instinct.

We all know there are a lot of safety procedures created to avoid tragedy… but as we know life is unpredictable, especially in the moments we cannot fully control.
It can be somebody’s laziness, it can be somebody’s stupidity, it can be anything… but there is always a human being on the wrong side of the barrel. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

Exactly my thought. Make the guns “Props” take real guns and plug them, take out/cut off anything that would touch a primer. Manufacture “Prop Guns” that look really real. CGI the blast, the impact and the recoil. It doesn’t seem that tough.

10 Likes

Just use AI to fill in for everything, including the actors and actresses.

13 Likes

Exactly ! Look at them… nobody was shot to death so far…

9 Likes

Pssst… Where’s Edith. :thinking:

6 Likes

7 Likes

She is being so shy. Tee Hee. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hollywood magic is so advanced they no longer need real guns.

4 Likes

Or real actors

6 Likes

Walt Disney in the 20th century :grinning:

4 Likes

@Karacal for the win!

CGI actors can’t bore us with uninformed opinions that don’t matter. Or shoot people because they hate that people are allowed to own guns (and oppose groups that teach gun safety), but feel entitled to play with them while they’re play-acting.

I mean, I won’t even do dry fire practice where my cat is in the room so I won’t accidentally flag him with the muzzle, even though I know the gun is empty.

7 Likes

same thing here, my cats get all excited for the red dot to show up on the wall. gotta shut the door and dry fire train.

5 Likes

:scream:
so… I’m a bad boy then… I dry fire using squirrels as my moving targets… :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

some of us actually hunt and eat squirrel so its an appropriate target for me lol

7 Likes

Just wear an ATF hat, it will be fine. :+1:

9 Likes

If squirrel sees the hat I won’t be able to dry fire… she will be too fast for me.
:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s a cooler version of a Find Waldo.

3 Likes