Mail Call - Sound off

@Lu-Can >>

2 Likes

@Zee >>

4 Likes

@Johnnyq60

3 Likes

I was surprised to learn that Indians have no inherent fear of heights - thousands of them were hired, especially in large cities like New York.

4 Likes

It’s a tough profession for anyone. As far as balance goes it becomes second nature. Walking on a 6” piece of steel is same as walking down the street and you don’t have to worry about getting hit by a car, except if you miss step then you will quickly be talking to Mr. Adrenaline if your lucky, if not you can kiss your ass goodby on the way to the seen of the accident. I was a slow learner ; my next profession was a power company lineman.
This stuff can’t be why I’m still a little not so xxxxx.

3 Likes

@BeanCounter

3 Likes

@SkippySanchez >>

3 Likes

:joy: good one brother.

4 Likes

@Larry130 >>

“ Who are you, really “

2 Likes

@mattm

3 Likes

@45IPAC >>

3 Likes

@Lu-Can >> going to Church with brimstone.

4 Likes

@BRUCE26 & Nancy >> at the range.

3 Likes

Shooting Tips: When shooting with your fingers, use your draw hand as a unit. Use your thumb to depress your pinkie - this will keep them from floating, and your ring finger from cheating on the other two, giving you a more solid draw and clean release. For close-up shots, try a three-fingers-under draw and release, and aim low at your mark. Some bowyers will tiller their bows to accommodate this style if you find it more comfortable. Handle your arrows by the nocks - if they keep slipping off the shelf or rest, hook the string deeper, and roll the string - the pressure will keep the arrow against the riser. FYI

2 Likes

@Mike164 >>

4 Likes

4 Likes

We’ve looked at some of these types of books and actually tried the techniques in real time. Surprisingly they don’t all seem to work when done with an experienced fighter. But also interesting is that we seem to find one or two things in each of these books that is really cool. For example in Ernest Emersons book, The 7 Strategies of Hand-To-Hand Combat he says “The attacker must react to you not you to him…”, basically when attacked on the street the attacker uses surprise to his advantage, putting the victim in immediate defense mode, you must turn that around as early in the fight as possible.

2 Likes

Blacky - for a change of pace, have you gone through your tackle collection? I’ve been casually researching this - some reels made before CNC became a standard procedure were made like fine watches. Large saltwater reels are worth $$ - the best rods were made of Tonkin cane bamboo - I can imagine shelves in your garage or house stacked with this stuff, gathering dust. AGH!

3 Likes

Do you own any old Mitchell spinning reels? These might be worth $$. I saw a Hardy Garcia Mitchell “300” made in France for $479 on E-bay. Check your gear for serial numbers, too, as well as models - Hardy-made tackle seems to crop up as the most valuable - I’ve seen their fly-rods go for $800+.

2 Likes

@Todd30

Blacky ( 1966 AGE = 18 )

Just yesterday when I was young.

6 Likes