Live Fire Drill Cards

Has anyone been using this system, Burnett LFDC? I just recently got this and have been thumbing through it. Seems a little overwhelming.

1 Like

Welcome, @Wes_S! So glad to have you here.

This one? https://livefiredrillcards.com/

1 Like

Those are it Dawn.

has anyone used them?

I have, and let me tell you, they are awesome training drills!

2 Likes

@Jeremy1 - ok, putting them on my shopping list.

I also recommend Dry Fire Training Cards. Great training tool for off range training.

2 Likes

Dry Fire Fit Cards as well.

2 Likes

@Jeremy1 - edited: nevermind, I found them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the Dry Fire Training Cards and the Companion Guide. The only thing I wish they had is a training drill schedule. How to combine various drills to get the most out of each session. Any Ideas? Will get the LFDC as well.

1 Like

@Joshua19 I haven’t seen a drill schedule - I just thumb through the cards and look for one that grabs my eye.
Welcome to the group!

I cringe at the idea of “cards”.

I deployed to Liberia Africa with a detachment of SEAL’s, the LPO was “Wayno” and he was a monster fitness BEAST. In the teams morning PT was always the standard, jumping jacks, body builders, sharks etc and then go run. Oh no, not for Wayno. We were on our first week out and it was Sunday somebody said how about a down day. Wayno being in charge said “Anyone want to play cards?” as he pulls out what looks like a deck of cards. All the no kidding bad a$$ Navy SEAL’s froze, he looks at ME, “Doc, pick a card, any card. There are 54 cards, 6 are days off.” I drew “Cardio 10”. For the next 3 hours I never caught a breath and was run to the edges of my abilities. When we were done, Wayno got on an elliptical and pole skied K2 (THE MOUNTAIN!!!).

Any tool set that can challenge you to the edge of your abilities is an asset. With firearms remember that exceeding your abilities and physical capabilities is dangerous to yourself and others. Train responsibly and train hard.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

what cards did he use?

1 Like

Ones he made up by himself. He had them for cardio, legs, arms, chest, core and I’m sure more that are too painful to remember. He was an absolute BEAST (not physically: he was about 6’-4" and looked like 200 lbs because he was so broad across the chest) He would do triathlons on the weekends even if there wasn’t one being held.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

How do these actually work. I’ve read their website and have seen videos, but don’t get the concept. In a video the guy was holding a deck of cards, like playing cards, what do you do with them and how do they actually help you train?

1 Like

They have specific drills or ideas for training focus on each card.

The live-fire cards are great training tool. My wife and I frequently use them. There is a real good variety of different drills distances and targets. And it’s just fun. I feel it’s training you can keep track of your progress. I do recommend them. Try one from the magazine. The “kit” is just a wider variety. Purpose built for indoor, outdoor, long or short distances, as well as stationary or movement.
Craig

2 Likes

Not to open an old thread but did the livefiredrillcards.com site close up, I got one set of cards and went back to get more and can not access the web store front. Anyone know anything about it?