Liberal, female and minority: America’s new gun owners aren’t who you’d think

Well, well, look who’s joining the ranks!!!

4 Likes

If I thought of myself as an oppressed minority, I’d be first in line to buy more ammo every time I got a paycheck.

6 Likes

Please tell CNN and NYT. Perhaps they want to amplify these minority voices?

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me BUT, Do I give a $hi+ what sex you are, what color your skin is, where your grand parents are from. The Second Amendment is for All Of Us. Stay legal, be responsible.

11 Likes

As a woman, I say hurray for us for not only arming ourselves, but for training and proper use of weapons. I would hope the gun community would be supportive of this! This community is very special to me but we have to stop with the division. It has to start somewhere. I chose this lifestyle change because I am a woman in a world that is no longer safe. I train, practice, read, study, and get mentored so my shooting experience will be of good sportsmanship, accuracy, some expertise, understanding, lawful, respectful and available if I need it, and I pray I never do.

USCCA is my home base, I love the energy on here, I love the members who laugh at my jokes and keep me buoyed up when I want to give up. I have friends on here now. I learn from you, respect you even if we don’t agree. And while I am on a role…thank you!

14 Likes

Thank you, you are awesome and we appreciate you.

5 Likes

@Virgil_H That made my day! :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Oh heck yeah!!! Every American, liberal, conservative, female, male, white, of-color, we should all be trained and ready to defend innocent lives, ours and others, against evildoers who are trying to wreck our great republic.

@Wanda3, you rock!!!

6 Likes

@Scott361 :gun: :us: :star_struck: Thanks Scott!!!

3 Likes

You really do Rock young lady!

3 Likes

@Mike164 Thanks my friend !! You are an inspiration as well.

3 Likes

Wanda i do admire ,in fact any one that gets a weapon to defend your self and beleive in the 2A,and admire for the training that you are doing,if i can sugest is to star praticing you motor memory,that is the key to training to start and to think WHAT IF scenarios and to get a laser snap cap and a laser target so you car practice ar home and save burning up ammo at to day price ,as for myself I do my own loading,and use the what if sceario and at home and get in different positions and to practice getting in those positions and drawing and firing at the laser target,they lite up when you hit the target,and alsi i have on demand lasers on all my weapons and are zeroed on the laser hits is where the round goes and also I practice point shooting,I still go to the range,but not much,once you start and train you motor memory you will get to where yor need to use it,it will be automatic and not even realize that you drew your weapon,you do it with out even realizing it till later,that is what you want,no hesitation at all and ALWAYS keep your finger along the side of the pistol until you decide to fire always practice to have you trigger finger along the slide,I wish you all the luck in the world

3 Likes

@Layton Thank you! You are correct, I need to work on my muscle memory more. I dont have a laser at this time on my gun. Can you recommend the laser target you are talking about? I do dry fire at home, but not enough I’m sure. The drawback to dry firing for me is it not feeling like a real experience without the recoil. Recoil will be part of the reality should I ever need to shoot. But the muscle memory you speak about is really key. I did try shooting with my non dominant hand. I know I need to do that sometimes but I hated it. ugh. very awkward and not accurate.

Im really disciplined about gun handling, finger placement, grip. I’m a little OCD about checking to see if the gun is clear or not before dry firing. But for once, the little OCD habits pay off!

3 Likes

Wanda.i call it motor memory,what it does is train you bran to act and not react ane to train your pherical vision,what that is to look dead at an object aif you train you look at the target and out of the side of you eyes on bath sides you can notice what else is going on you left and right side ,in other if there are 2 when you see the main target you can see both sides of your focus,try this tat 2 pencils ,one in both hands af focus on an object straight ahead and move both hands and on the sides of your focus you should see both pencils moving forward and back wards

2 Likes

For me, that’s one of the benefits of dry/laser firing at home - I get my brain/body/muscles accustomed to NOT flinching in reaction to the BANG we hear at the range. Without a doubt, my shooting at the range improves when I am regularly dry/laser firing at home.

@Wanda3, I use a G-Sight laser. You slide the laser cartridge into the barrel, set up a target, have your phone or tablet pointed at the target with their software running, which registers your hits on target. Because it’s not pushing back the barrel as a live round would do, it’s not as accurate as going to the range, so don’t dial in any sights with a laser, but it helps with body mechanics.

The G-sights on Amazon are usually an older version. Don’t buy them. They are all over the place. Get one directly from the manufacturer. I’ve saved many times over the cost of the laser by not having to fix some things at the range. Definitely worth it to me.

3 Likes

That will work,I have crimson trace on demand lasers on all my rifles and pistols and I use grssn rather than red green shows up better in day lite.
the link below is on amazon and the laser is pistol specific

3 Likes

they are kinda spendy

1 Like

@Scott361 Im reading up on it online. I’ll look at some YouTube videos as well. Not a bad idea. Im a visual learner so I will need to ‘see’ it in action.

2 Likes

@Layton I do have some holsters where the laser will be ok. The Kydex one, nope. So like any good gun owner, I was thinking about getting a second gun one day with built in optics ready to go. probably help with my accuracy. I do ‘stop the threat’ at the range but not consistently at the bull’s eye.

2 Likes

Wanda,I know for sure I had a confrontation and he is alive today from liting him up,he had his foot up to continue toward me,so i lite him up between the eyes,he went cross eyed and there was a change in his eyes and he turned around and left,so the laser saved his life

3 Likes