Lets See those Pro Freedom memes

7ac7a753dda6df2b

17 Likes

… and, mine at least, legally through the port of New York, whereupon they immediately applied for citizenship, spoke English, worked, paid taxes and enlisted with the United States Army.

In other words, they did it the right way and actually became Americans.

11 Likes

17 Likes

17 Likes

Spot on!

3 Likes

18 Likes

a2b687c6620538db

16 Likes

15 Likes
3 Likes

Looks like our neighbors in Utah County like to spend time studying overseas as well. I wonder what kinds of agreements they have with “20 other sites”.

“BYU also runs a very large study abroad program, with satellite centers in London, Jerusalem, and Paris, as well as more than 20 other sites. Nearly 2,000 students take advantage of these programs yearly. In 2001, the Institute of International Education ranked BYU as the number one university in the U.S. to offer students study abroad opportunities. The BYU Jerusalem Center, which was closed in 2000 due to student security concerns related to the Second Intifada and later the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict, was reopened to students in the Winter 2007 semester.”

4 Likes

I am not a member of the Church of LDS, but as an outsider my understanding of that denomination’s missionary program is BYU programs and those international sites are all designed to support the LDS missionaries, to include extensive language training.
I do know that the U.S. military has found the variety of languages taught to BYU students particularly valuable in recruiting high quality military members.

4 Likes

Kind of. MTC, Missionary Training Center, is located adjacent to the BYU campus but as far as I know it isn’t a BYU institution.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Politicians have nothing but time.

They’ll catch it, and veto it in a closed door session with no public vote

3 Likes

12 Likes

15 Likes

16 Likes

That’s a deserving sh/t show!

IMG_4455

7 Likes

17 Likes