IMG_3200

15 Likes

IMG_3201

16 Likes

17 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

5 Likes

If you actually believe that this tragedy never happened, you’re a special kind of gullible. These poor families have been through enough but you’re going to be one of many jack asses that is going to turn an already unimaginable painful day into a punchline. It’s so fu****g cruel.

1 Like

No question it occurred. I think the meme is saying “can we trust what we are being told about it?”.

9 Likes

This is what the reaction is when politicians politicize and atrocity and elevate the victims and family to the status of stars on TV. When you get politicians using family of the victims as weapons to take a cherished right of the people, all sorts of people come out of the woodwork. The division and rhetoric take a dark turn. Manipulation by the media and politicians create division and defense via Memes like the one you criticized.

3 Likes

I don’t think he is denying that the event happened. I think he is pointing out how do you trust the images. This specific meme interested me enough that I went and did research on the image. It was released by the White House after the incident. There is an uncanny resemblance between the victim and the young girl pointed out in that meme. So that’s a real picture. Go look it up yourselves.

I’ve known Karacal on these forums for years. I have never seen him be petty, or unkind, let alone cruel.

I’ve talked to my friends about the media and A.I. and it concerns me. How will you know what sources that you can trust. Within the next few years I am betting A.I. will be so cheap and pervasive that when it is coupled with advancements in computing power. That we, the General Public, will not be able to know what the difference between real and unreal.

11 Likes

14 Likes

2021 & 2022 as well with bydum as resident

3 Likes

Not a fan of the meme, but I would like an explanation!

They used to say the camera never lies. I say that the camera is the biggest liar of all. I’m a graphic designer and photographer by professional training, going back 35 years now. Even back in the mid 90’s I could make any “photo” I wanted with my cameras and photoshop. Never believe what you think a camera has proven. AI just makes it worse.

Personally, I don’t think we’ll ever be back to a place where we can trust anything we’re told or shown. Anyone can make up anything and make it look real. I’ve become the worst cynic over all of it. I’ve quit photography, and design, and want no part of it anymore.

5 Likes

My grandfather used to say, “Don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see”.
More true now than it was in the 1950s.

5 Likes

Supposedly the little girl in the picture was killed at Sandy Hook and two days later had her picture taken with Obama.

3 Likes

How is this possible? Russian disinformation, Trumps fault, photoshopped, photobombed, gain of function experiments or just good old democrat propaganda?

2 Likes

Ask actor Mark Ruffalo.

4 Likes

Guess I can sum this all up for 2024. WHERE PHUCKED :exclamation:

IMG_4479

No photoshop here and no AI required! Check it, gone in 3,2, …

12 Likes

Ok, I can buy that but I’m still thinking if the families that are forever changed & grieving. To deny that this occured just sickens me.

4 Likes