Left-Handers Day

Not sure if it’s celebrated here before.
But, apparently it’s my day. And many other unorthodox and southpaws out there.
So, how do you go about living in a predominantly right-handed world?
Any gripes?

I’ve learned to be ambidextrous because growing up, I didn’t have the means to buy custom-made tools for lefties.

Same with firearms. The only time I became picky was in my choice of CCW piece.

10 Likes

I have learned to use right-handed tools.

My dad had his office in our home for many years. My mother had a giant office supply catalog. I found a left-handed Fiskars scissors and asked my mom to order it for me, cash in hand. She took the money and ordered the scissors.

When it arrived, she wanted to know “what’s the big deal.” I handed her the scissors and a piece of paper. The look of understanding on her face was burned into my memory. This was in 1975 (or thereabouts), and I can see the scene clear as day in my mind’s eye.

Many - most? - right-handed people do not understand how dangerous most tools are for us lefties to use.

I still have that scissors.

8 Likes

My wife is lefty brother and I love her to death.

3 Likes

So, does it run in the family?
My dad’s a converted southpaw.
His first child (me), first granddaughter (my brother’s) and grandson (mine) are lefties.

3 Likes

I think left-handedness is hereditary.

4 Likes

My sister & my son are lefties. It does run in my family. I remember going to a mall in Boston once where there was a store for lefties. I went nuts buying notebooks for my son.

6 Likes

:point_up: another one… :blush:

Every morning when I get up and put my left foot into the slipper I’m thinking how lucky we are - left handed people !!!
One day all right handed will recall the names of lefties, who changed the World:

• Aristotle
  • Julius Caesar
  • Alexander III of Macedon (known as Alexander the Great)
  • Leonardo da Vinci
  • Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni
  • Joan of Arc
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  • Ludwig Van Beethoven
  • Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Marie Sklodowska Curie
  • Albert Einstein
  • Charlie Chaplin
  • Neil Armstrong
  • Ruth Bader Ginsburg
  • Steve Jobs
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • Bruce Willis

…and perhaps will change your World:

I was born left handed, but back in 19xx’s that was treated as sign of Devil… :smiling_imp:
I was forced in Elementary School to use right hand… and now I’m both handed, confusing everybody :smile:
However the Nature loves my left side, so in "life or death " situations I feel confident with my left hand.

One day we take over the World … be afraid right handed :point_up: :wink:

10 Likes

Have you guys had your coffee yet because I just spilled mine laughing at this post and y’all are silly.:joy::joy:

5 Likes

Bruce Willis was the kicker

4 Likes

Lefty here and my youngest son is also.

6 Likes

Born and raised a southpaw … my folks nor the school ever tries to coerce me to swap. As an auto mechanic is my earlier years, you learn to become ambidextrous and allow your body parts to bend in unimaginable ways to reach allusive car parts. While I’m predominantly left oriented, I do not feel too far out of sorts shooting non-dominant or dealing with a majority of right-hand oriented objects.

I like to think that … left-handed people are in their right mind :wink:

8 Likes

Y’all forgot JUDAS ESCARIOT

2 Likes

Back in the days the dinosaurs roamed the plains I was about to fail writing class in second grade. My teacher insisted we all write with our right hands. Back then we had to write in cursive on a chalkboard. Southpaws have a hard time without dragging their hands through their writing. When she found out, mom had some choice words with my teacher and I never got hassled again. Hardest thing was using a bolt-action rifle for hunting. Adapt and overcome.

6 Likes

I’m the only lefty in my family. I do certain things right handed like the mouse on a computer. I also use righty scissors, but notice I move the paper I am cutting with my left hand more than the scissors with my right. I think it is cool to be left-handed and recently realized that woodwind musical instruments favor lefties. Take a look! Yes, we learn to adapt!
Oh, did you know that mugs are discriminatory. The picture is put so a righty can see it. However, we lefties keep it clean as it faces outward as we drink. Ha! There are many things that are made for “rights” and it just makes us stronger. Heheeee!

7 Likes

Haha, my mother is a lefty, so everything she taught me was lefty. Yet I am a righty.
My wife always cracks up when I iron, cause I had an old iron that I had to switch the cord over to the left side, so I could complete the task property! :+1::rofl:

3 Likes

Couldn’t find any prove of his left hand skills…but even if we list him as well… didn’t he change the World? :wink:

3 Likes

In the movie Passion of the Christ he threw the 30 coins back left handed underhand toss to the Pharisees. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Yes and he did have something to do with changing the world.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I’m wondering if Mel Gibson was so good in details or Luca Lionello, who played Judas is left handed :thinking:

3 Likes

Why, yes. Yes, we are.

4 Likes