Lcp 2 for first carry gun

New to carrying. Is a ruger lcp 2 a decent gun to carry. Inwas thinking a smaller gun would be easier to get used to carrying. Then I would like to get a 365 or hellcat

1 Like

All good choices, and there are others to consider (PPS, for instance). This is a highly personal choice. Consider what your holster options are. With and without a light, laser, red dot. Rent a few and see what you like to shoot, and what you shoot well.

1 Like

I second Brad’s comments. Go to a range that has a decent rental selection and fire anything you think you might like. I have an lcp 2 and it is a decent gone but not the most accurate and I have been shooting my entire life. My wife hates the lcp 2. Shoot a few and see what fits you, not what others say you should get. When you shoot the right gun for yourself, you will know.

try a few handguns in the range , most places let you try them all before purchasing . not sure what type of carrying you are going to do , concealed ? open ? . choose the firearm based on what you like the most and feel better with . there are tons of theories about what is the best and such but I Learned that the best is always a personal preference trust me if you like the gun you will adapt and learn to the gun no matter its size or caliber .

just do whatever makes you happy and be always responsible

I carry the Ruger LCP II but only as a pocket pistol. I would advice you to try the Sig 365. Even though it would be your first carry gun it would be a pocket pistol. I recommend you start with the other gun on your mind the P365. I say go to a range and shoot them both and choose then. For training purposes its better to work with a firearm that you can holster.

1 Like

What happened to the apx carry nice price point and with the amount you pay for it or a Taurus you can grab a holster a belt and box or 2 of ammo and get to the price of the Springfield or sig ijs I don’t know how your pockets hang but I like several carry options want a different one each day

1 Like

Boxers, briefs or G-string! Whatever makes you comfortable and confident.

3 Likes

It is not so much about ease of use, you may find you have a need for BOTH a pocket carry and a sub-compact IWB carry.

2 Likes

A part of my summer carry is an LCP. I think it would get the job done but it is not easy to get accurate hits on target unless you’ve shot it quite a bit. Every range session I make it a habit of running a magazine or two through it. Close range it does ok and it goes bang every time. But if you carry it practice with it faithfully. However my EDCarry is the P365.

1 Like

I like how you think the underlying theme practice with the carry and carry on practicing

1 Like

The LCP is appealing for carry due to is’t size. I don’t care for them at all besides that. Not a fun gun for me to shoot. As posted above, a range that rents guns would be a great start.

1 Like

I had a chance to shoot a original lcp few years ago. I liked it except I couldn’t get a good handle on it. Today I went to my local gun shop and he had a sliver lcp 2 I checked out. He put the extended mag in it and I could get a lot better hold on it. He doesn’t have a range so I couldn’t shoot it but he made me a good deal so I brought the little guy home. But I still plan on picking up a 365 or hellcat i just can’t decide between the two

1 Like

Since you got the extended mag for the LCP 2 it’s going to feel better in your hand. I have it and it’s a nice pocket pistol. Just practice with it. I still carry concealed m&p 2.0 9 shield in an IWB holster at 4 o’clock. With cargo shorts on for the summer it is comfortable to carry.

If you’re financially able, but them both! Every gun takes some getting used to, whether they’re small or large.

I’m a newer CC guy, have only been carrying for 4 years. I’m also a very simple guy, I’ve only got a couple CC guns, shoot them often and carry them daily. I’ve found that some guns fit certain clothing better than others, so I switch back and forth. Best of luck, stay safe.

2 Likes