Law Abiding Citizen goes on killing spree?

Yeah. Living in apartment comes with self-defense issues. There are no safe directions at all. My guess - practice (a lot) is your only friend here.
Peephole is something I hate. This is first indicator for bad guy that you are at the door. Sometimes you can see muzzle pointed on you through it…
If there is no windows you can use, to see who is at the door, camera is the only option.
Best solution I see - move out… avoidance is the best way to survive.

3 Likes

Start carrying your gun at home or keep it within reach. I carry in my home.

3 Likes

For those in apartments, see if your landlord will let you install one of those peep hole camera like this one:

Installation seems to be non-destructive, so you can put the peephole back in when you move out and take the camera with you.

If you 100% cannot have a firearm due to penetration concerns, have a look at one of those large size pepper sprays. They are the size of a small fire extinguisher.

Or something like the Byrna, which shoots pepper balls but looks and handles essentially like a gun

5 Likes

Good movie, but I think he was a general contractor… Construction business, not a CIA assassin.

1 Like

Cobra

If I was in your shoes I would go with a 10-12 inch blade and learn Kali.

A blade will not over-penetrate.

2 Likes

Clyde Shelton was a weapons developer for the world of black ops, inventing several devices that helped kill terrorists and other bad guys. Eventually, he retired from this work to start family life.
That’s why he knew what to do in that movie.

1 Like

some really good stuff for :+1:protecting yourself

1 Like

@Kevin29

Actually, he was an assassin and contractor. In one point of the movie they very specifically how he fashioned a device that assassinated someone through their tie.

2 Likes

I will look in to that, How To Use A Knife For Self Defense

1 Like

This is not that far-fetched, at least in terms of the risk to each and every one of us at home. Just google pregnant woman shoots intruder with AR15. First thing they did was take the “man of the house” out of the equation, thinking that would force compliance.

3 Likes

My apt has a sliding glass door, 2 windows that face the parking lot and a peek hole in the door. I will be having home security system installed within the next few days. That’s right…"my apartment. "

3 Likes

Welcome to the family Michelle and god bless you

2 Likes

Thank you. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

2 Likes

That Byrna is expensive, and the replacement munitions are $300/95 ct.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m carrying at home. Sig p365 almost all of the time. If it’s not on me in a holster, it’s in my backpack. I also like having a dog because he barks, though he is super friendly, sounds quite intimidating.

2 Likes

I am older. My grandmother would be way over 130+ now (I guess) if she were still alive but, when I was a small child someone in her apartment building was shot dead through their peep hole. Now with technology there are video door bells. The criminals choose the time of their attack. I respect those that carry all the time as it does give some advantage to a potential victim.

4 Likes