Kroger to all U.S. military retirees: "Drop Dead"

The DVA pays the full amount for the disability rating, regardless.

DFAS reduces the retirement check and holds the difference.

2 Likes

Based on my experience with the VA (50+ years), the worst thing we could do is put anything else under the VA.
As a group, they are openly hostile to Vets and have a non-existent work ethic.

Lloyd Austin is a poster child for what happens when you make selections based on quotas.

2 Likes

Kroger has gone “woke”. Months back I walked into our local City Market (now, like many more) owned by Kroger), and the front part of the store was “festooned” with “gay pride flags”. They have jumped on the far left bandwagon. They will not stop until any grocery chain local or national belongs to them. They have turned our once local town stores into replicas of Denver stores. Items we were able to get since the store opened decades ago have been removed. But indeed, our venerable veterans are, no doubt, a threat to their leftist “woke” agenda. The “new” military is being pushed to “woke hood”. Kroger is just one more far left controlled operation at the behest of the now prevailing push to the New World Order in which the “kings at the top” will decide what goes and what doesn’t. Doubt it? Look up George Bush Sr. gushing over the “new world order” he spoke of so lovingly in his presidential acceptance speech.

3 Likes

Looks like it is not just military; I am retired from the silent service after 38 years. And our Kingsoopers (Krogers) is no longer accepting our insurance company for prescriptions. My wife heard that Walgreens would still accept is so it will be interesting if that doesn’t ring true. I just find it easier to use Express Scripts since I hate going to the store for anything anyway (I’m beginning to hate people! But that’s because I live in Blue Colorado…

2 Likes

Why in earth are you using the VA if yo user retired military? You have Tricare or TricareforLife, depending upon your age. VA is for non retired military vets.

On the topic of Express Scripts, they are another government bureaucracy that is worthless. Their turn time on Rx is illogical. I just go to Rite-Aid. My single med I take is about $3.30 a month, and I just have it filled at my nearest Rite-Aid pharmacy. Since we have several homes, I choose refills at the nearest Rite-Aid at the time.

Why in earth are you seeking VA medical aid??

Dan

2 Likes

Do a lot of places accept TriCare, where you are? That is not the case, where I live.

1 Like

Search by zip code!

https://www.express-scripts.com/frontend/standalone-ui/#/pharmacy-locator/commercial-oe/find-a-pharmacy?memtype=tricare&accessLink=TRICARE

I’ve found that to be problematic. Few doctors accept TriCare. Some do, but I have to travel. And the search is sometimes out of date. I’ve had it send me to doctors, only to have them tell me they stopped accepting TriCare 2 years ago. Hard lesson learned, always confirm by phone before travelling; don’t trust the TriCare website.

ExpressScripts and I have never really gotten along. I go pick up my meds, and then they send me an email telling me I’m not supposed to do that. I guess I’m supposed to get everything directly from them, through the mail. Honestly, I’ve just quit taking prescriptions; it’s too much hassle. Lucky for me, I seem to be doing just fine without them. I feel sorry for the people who have to navigate this red tape to get life-saving meds.

3 Likes

The search I listed is for Pharmacies only.

My direct mail Rx from Express Scripts works well for me.

I use the VA for Health Care and have been well served.

My wife had no trouble finding providers who took Tricare. When she passed after a bout with lung cancer I got no bills. Medicare and Tricare covered everything.

4 Likes

Nothing surprises me our military service to our nation basically stops once we retire. They careless if we pass away so they don’t have to pay our pension and benifits.

1 Like

First of all, sorry for your loss.

Zero co-pay has been our experience also. We haven’t had to pay ‘out of pocket’ for any civilian medical expenses for years. The Doctors and facilities here* seem to accept whatever Medicare and TCL offers as full payment.
We do pay something for most RX’s (zero for heart meds), and we have some drugs that we couldn’t begin to afford without Express-Scripts.

All in all, we have much better coverage than our civilian friends and feel fortunate that we have it.

*Eastern Kentucky, East Tennessee, North Georgia.

2 Likes

Thank you for the expression of sympathy!

Nothing is perfect but I am very pleased with TFL and Express Scripts.

In my experience with them and VA Healthcare you can find people who swear by and those who swear at any service or facility.

I’m in an area in west central Illinois where a vet can choose to associate with any of three VA Clinics within 40 miles. Each is associated with a different VA Medical Center (Hospital). I use Peoria /Danville, IL for some services and Joliet / Chicago Hines, IL for Primary care. Many of my friends prefer The Sterling, IL Clinic which is associated with the Iowa City, IA VAMC. The swearing is about equal!

3 Likes

LOL!
Out-blanking-standing.
:grinning:

2 Likes

There are valid reasons why a military retiree would use the VA in lieu of TRICARE, especially if the veteran is 30%+ disabled. The VA care is often free, particularly for service related conditions, while TRICARE may have a deductible, or other restrictions. I have both TRICARE and a TRICARE supplement, but still use the VA for some things. Like any large health care system, the VA has its issues, but they do have a lot of good employees that are trying to help veterans.

4 Likes

It seems like are differences related to where the particular VA is located. I do well with my CBOC Good folks :us:

2 Likes

Ahh, but they do take the pay nothing Medicaid pharmacy deadbeats at Krogers.
Must be theyre afraid of the race card being pulled, like they will, anytime their free stuff is pulled put from under them

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Doc3

1 Like