Keep training even with low supplies of ammunition?

Here I am thinking, I’m finally gonna play with 300 Blk, and order the upper. Next day I start looking for ammo. You know, 4 weeks ago I was reading all the ammo sites and price was cheap, selection broad ( for 300). Two days ago, not one online vendor I trust and use had any, none, zip, nada! Thankfully, yesterday, there was a Buds Team buy and I got my 6 boxes. I can proof the build, sight it in, and still have a magazine for hunting or otherwise. Can’t wait to see the world mellow out again and ammo sitting on the shelves.

4 Likes

The big problem in CA is it has to be on the infamous Roster.
NO new semi auto gets put on the Roster without imprinting.
Sad but true!
Only in CA, where revolvers are cool again.

2 Likes

I purchased Sirt laser pistols and practice with them regularly. I set up a projector and screen and use moving targets that make it almost arcade like but in an adult way. This has greatly improved my drawing from my ccw holster and promotes great trigger discipline.

4 Likes

The point I meant to get across is use what you have and only expend enough of your rare and expensive ammo to maintain some level of competency.
Shoot the same handgun for 18 years and mechanically, it’s easy. Psychologically not so much.
There have been Olympic medalists who trained in far more spartan circumstances than we’ll (hopefully) ever have to deal with but it didn’t slow them down.
Nor should it us.