It's not about the type of gun: Burgler uses Muzzle Loader

… About that assault weapon’s ban…

Homeowner detains burglar, who was armed with muzzle-loading rifle and toy gun, sheriff says

It’s not about the gun… Just Sayin’

According to a news release from the sheriff’s office, a 56-year-old suspect unlawfully entered the residence with a muzzle-loading rifle and a plastic toy gun and confronted the homeowner and a visitor about a possible stolen dog. The homeowner was able to disarm the suspect and detain him until officers arrived. The “stolen” dog was not recovered and the suspect was transported to a local hospital due to complaints of health issues, the release said.

2 Likes

Kitchen knives to follow. And why do “Foodies” need so many different kinds of them anyway?

2 Likes

Then tasers, clubs and boomerangs.

1 Like

I love my knives! I need more of them. They all have a specific purpose!

2 Likes

Oddly enough, same reason I need so many guns :thinking::grin:

2 Likes

Ok you two. Honestly, the guns proliferation surprised me. I didn’t know I could imagine needing different sizes same calibre until it happened; then it was obvious. But, I really did think I had kitchen knives “in hand” In fact, I rather thought they’d have made a great set of tools for the improvised tactical defense. Silly me when I discovered I’d gotten a knife that let me spread the jelly and mayo and really soft peanut butter (if I had to). Oh! and then, then, Shun came up with the two metal machine made ‘damascus’ and what a silly push over!

1 Like

I heard England has taken a hard look at butcher knives. Especially after the gun ban and several knife attacks years ago. So don’t laugh it will be hard to cut steak with a butter knife.

In reference to the article I was hoping the home owner pulled the muzzleloader. Darn it wasn’t to be. But he got the upper hand!

I might have been tempted to pull out my c&b Remington to defend with. Big and noisy cocking of the hammer, gets attention.

1 Like
1 Like