Is Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder a thing?

First, welcome to the Community.

I am going to give you an answer that you may at first think I being unkind that is not my intent.

Practice, not until your are good, but practice until you can’t fail…

I don’t know what your ammo supply situation is. But if it’s really low. Buy a laser simulator round in the calibre, you are using as self defense ammo. Then download a program called G-Site and you can practice. Make sure all ammo is secure. Before you use it. It really helps with fixing trigger issues.

Next step. Before you leave home practice your draw 10 to 20 times from it’s concealed position. Make sure all ammo is secured before you draw. Practice proper trigger finger placement while drawing. Then go to your car, practice 10 to 20 draws being aware of your trigger placement. Once done, reload your gun and put it back at your normal CC. Go about your day.

When you get home secure all ammo and practice a few draws from where you normally relax at. Once done reload weapon. Then at Bed time do it one last time. Relax fires and put it back.

One last thing go to the USCCA concealed carry app and read up on your states laws on self defense and are you a stand your ground state or a Castle doctrine state or are you both.

Now to the point of this long written piece of advice. As you practice, your abilities start increasing, as they increase your confidence slowly increases until your body can do all of it as muscle memory to the point you cannot fail.

A few more pieces of advice

1. You can not be the aggressor for a successful self defense
  2. We train to Shoot to Stop. If they are down you can’t give them a coup de gra to the head.
  3. You don’t shoot over property, only when you can reasonably explain that you felt you were in fear of mmediate grievous injury or death to yourself or others (I would make sure you knew everything going on before I jumped a shooting for someone else).

TLDR: PRACTICE, PRACTICE PRACTICE. Study your states self defense laws.

**Be the first to call 911

Finally learn the levels of alertness and how to use them for your surroundings and environment.

6 Likes