Do you stress test your training

Do you stress test,yourself when training.
Do you take people to yell(Drill instructor style) or bang trash cans in between timed reloads,or timed shooting exercises. Do you have random noise thrown at you to destabilize your perfect shooting. Do you watch videos on you phone that raise your blood pressure(not to much) so that you shoot under pressure. Or maybe five jumping jacks and then stationery. Variant target shooting.
Have you had a day in the house or range where others have a laser tag weapon,you have your hands you go around mock firing and they shoot your exposed pieces. It can be on a timer like musical chairs so your blood pressure raises,then if at a range or semi private or private facility you can then move to shooting targets. Walking briskley up a hill then shooting. The goal is training yourself to shoot better under unexpected pressure,or when using gross motor skills,or to improve concentration.
You can also use variants of this when and if you are training agressive style instead of defensive,however agressive style is usually more physical anyway. What do you do to stress test your training and work with gross motor skills?

2 Likes

I rely on the other people on the range with me. When I get a person shooting a large caliber magnum express something or other, and they can’t hit the paper at 10 feet, I get a little nervous. I try to do my draw randomly while they are shooting.

2 Likes

Not while using real firearms with any sort of laser ammo or snap caps. I’ve found that rounds of laser tag at the local laser tag location and a well executed nerf gun session barely scratch the surface, but it does make you think about coverage/concealment and shot placement.

You mean to tell me that the stress of seeing all the goodies at the range I want and having a healthy fear of my wife is not all I really need?

2 Likes