If I gave you $1000, what carry gun would you buy?

@BubbaBear917 :+1: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

To the group per se,

in the category of “10-rounds, semi auto, CCW”; Have you heard of any problems with the Beretta APX Centurion 9MM, JAXQ920?

Going out on a limb, I wonder about when one might even select a lower priced gun, when even offered a high-end one, ironically.

1 Like

Haven’t heard of any problems with the APX Centurion. I’ve handled a full size APX and the slide serrations makes it very easy to rack. Easier than an M&P EZ I think. The Centurion and Compact sizes use the same slide so you could swap out grips to make it more concealable. At least I think that was the case. It might be the centurion and carry jnstead.

2 Likes

My first gun was a USP 9mm and I love it. Thing is a tank and will fire anything. My other gun is a Sig SP2022, 9mm. Both are full size guns and both have reputations of being unstoppable. So far no complaints.

1 Like

Thanks George80. A significant investment for me; leaning towards it. With good quality, I imagine some become family heirlooms.

1 Like

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

I would go with a Sig p365 XL, it comes with 2 - 12 round mags; get 2 - 15 round mags and buy some ammo with whats left from the $1k.

2 Likes

Carry gun and car AR is already on point. I need a backpack gun though so I would put it toward a Sig MCX Rattler in .300 blk and pay the difference out of pocket.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

The question from the topic is really tough these days…

18 months ago people were posting about firearms and ammo, sometimes great firearm…
…and now…
$1,000? :thinking:
A_20200908_06

1 Like

I believe I would buy another Sig P-365. It is what I carry now. I like to own 2 of each gun I have so if one goes sideways I have parts to make at least one work. Also, while both “working” it is nice to just carry one type of magazine for the sake of simplicity.

Extra $$ would go toward a LIMA laser, a few more magazines and 124 grn Speer GD ammo.

1 Like

The new Sig 220SAO Legion. I’m sure they are all gone by now.

1 Like

A Taurus G3C. The balance for holster, mags, ammo, and so on.

1 Like
3 Likes

A_20200914_03
@RUGER9 wants to by Ruger in 9 mm… :thinking: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

A friend of mine let me handle three of his different Glocks. I liked them all better than my Taurus (inexpensive entry handgun). I’d like to carry that G43 with extra mags. Barely prints.

3 Likes

Which Taurus?

1 Like

It’s a Taurus PT111 G2

4 Likes

I have one of those. Actually the first polymer frame firearm I have purchased, but it had a good weight, size, and grip, and the reviews were good.

All my others are old school steel.

3 Likes

I’d be looking for an Auto Ordinace or a Kimber.

1 Like