I just bought a Citadel Boss 25

I just bought a new Citadel Boss 25 semi auto shotgun in 12 gauge. Anyone else own one? Any thoughts, advice or stories to share? My research says its a solid choice. Competitor to the Rock Island VR80.

1 Like

Picts or it didn’t happen. Am not familiar with that gun. Hope it works well for you!

1 Like

Lol here you go. Not a great pic but it’s what I have at the moment

4 Likes

See pic below. I thought I had responded to you but apparently I responded to my own thread LOL

NICE! I have been tempted by the mag fed shotguns. Staying with the olde Rem 870 pump for now.

I am relatively new to the shotgun world myself. Just added a 12 gauge tube fed semi auto to my collection. A lot of people seem to love the new “AR” style shotguns. The main negative I have read about them is that the shells can sometimes deform when stored in the magazine for extended periods leading to potential fees issues. Not sure how common this issue is though.

3 Likes

Nice looking piece of hardware brother @Anthony2 and it looks intimidating. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I had 2 870’s. I have a 870 tac 14 and had an 840 Tactical that I put Magpul furniture on. I sold it so I could purchase this one. I wanted a semi-auto 12ga. I’ll let you know how it goes when i put some rounds through it this weekend.

2 Likes

Hmm interesting. I haven’t heard that but I will definitely watch for that. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks @Johnnyq60! Im hoping if any unwanted visitors ever find themselves inside my home that they will find it intimidating as well and find the nearest exit before i have to actually use it.

2 Likes

I once owned a Remington 870 Express and used it for deer hunting with my buddy but never used it as a home defense shot gun. I sold it to my friend for $175.00.

1 Like

Whoa! Deer hunting with a shotgun!! instant meat tenderizer!

Ive never thought of that honestly, I’m sure the right slugs would do the trick.

2 Likes

Yes in upstate NY they had a shotgun season in late October just like they had a bow season and rifle season, and yes we used slugs with the shorter deer barrel on the shotgun.

2 Likes

@Anthony2 I meant to say 870 Express, my bad brother.

2 Likes

I have a newer black aces pro max s that is also built in Turkey. Tube fed semi auto. It has been very satisfactory as far as its intended purposes; inexpensive, fun to shoot and home defense applications.

Unlike a pump gun, I did have to learn to hang onto it more firmly than usual to prevent feed issues. Much like any semi auto pistol and limp wristing issues. But no issues since after another 150 rounds or so. Eats cheap Target loads, 1300fps buck shot, and 1600fps slugs, all well.

Loading patterns are a little different than a standard pump gun, but you’ll get used to it quickly.

Ought to be a fun slugger for you.

2 Likes

I knew what you meant my friend.

1 Like

Just looked it up. Good looking shotgun! I have read mixed review on Turkish arms but it seems like overall they are really kicking it up a few notches with some of their offerings. The vast majority of what I have is read is positive.

The manual on my Citadel says that it requires at least a 50 round break-in period and nothing slower than 1300 FPS. So its a little finicky but I dont think it’s asking for too much. I think I’ll post a vid or two after i take it out this weekend.

1 Like

If it’s similar design to the black aces, you’ll also want to keep the gas piston and barrel ports clean at the front end of the gun. Mine were notably dirty after just 100 rounds. Hadn’t malfunctioned yet, but were dirty enough that I cleaned them up.

For newbs like I was on a semi auto shotgun: after the bang, the gas piston action unlocks the breech so the recoil can then cycle the bolt and swap the old shell for the new one. I had no idea how any of it worked until I got one.

2 Likes

@Anthony2,
What do you think about the new shotgun by Smith&Wesson the M&P12 bull pup. I was checking out the YouTube videos and reviews and it’s a nice looking shotgun. TFB TV YouTube channel has a video review. I’m thinking about it and wanted to add a shotgun to my collection for home defense.

2 Likes
3 Likes