I am confused about the Brace law

I have been trying to keep up on all of what is going on but i am still not sure, if I am a member of the GOA, Gun Owners of America can you still have a brace?

1 Like

Ask the GOA. :man_shrugging:

FEATURED - PRESS CENTER

GOA REACTS TO SENATE FAILURE TO BLOCK PISTOL BRACE RULE

Written by Walter Smoloski Published: 22 June 2023

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 22, 2023

Washington, D.C. – Today, the U.S. Senate failed to block the Biden Pistol Brace Rule under the Congressional Review Act. The final vote, which was split along party lines, was 50-49. During debate, Democratic Majority Leader Chuck Schumer spread disinformation about pistol braced firearms, claiming that they convert pistols into machineguns.

This rule, which took effect June 1st, outlawed the possession of unregistered but previously lawfully owned pistols with attached stabilizing braces. Those found in possession of an unregistered braced pistol are now subject to felony charges carrying a maximum of ten years in prison—unless covered by one of five federal court injunctions, such as Texas & GOA v. ATF. Researchers estimate up to 40,000,000 braces are currently in circulation.

Erich Pratt, GOA’s Senior Vice President, issued the following statement:

“It’s incredibly disappointing that, despite an outpouring of grassroots opposition to the rule, the Senate concurred with President Biden and voted to make their constituents felons. Gun Owners of America will continue to fight back in the Courts, where we have already seen some strong success. The fight will go on.”

Aidan Johnston, GOA’s Director of Federal Affairs, added:

“It’s truly outrageous that a rule from the ATF can ban 40 million guns when the same proposal, if originating from Congress, could never pass the same test. Instead, Senators took the easy way out and chose to rubber stamp this administration’s unconstitutional move to criminalize owning a piece of plastic.”

In a lawsuit brought by Gun Owners of America and the State of Texas, a federal judge had previously enjoined the rule from being enforced against GOA members and employees of the State of Texas. The case is ongoing.

GOA spokesmen are available for interviews. Gun Owners of America is a nonprofit grassroots lobbying organization dedicated to protecting the right to keep and bear arms without compromise. GOA represents over two million members and activists. For more information, visit GOA’s Press Center.

5 Likes

Stand outside. Look to your left and ask that person if they can hold it for you until this blows over. Give it to them. Problem over. A pile of horses%$& from the people who (you pay and) bring you…well, mostly horse$%&#. It really is an army of idiots.

5 Likes

Call your local ATF office, tell them that you possess a brace and are a member of the GOA. Ask them whether you are a felon or not.

1 Like

For goodness sake, please DON"T do this.

6 Likes

My brace sucked anyway, and I took it and threw it away. I got the gun to use for home defense. I will just stick with my 1911 .45.

2 Likes