Hunter Dies After Deer Turned on Him

Fellow hunters…be careful out there!

2 Likes

“We WILL take your injured deer!”.

This will be another reason for the anti-gun lobbyists to push gun regulations. They will add this to “gun related” deaths somehow.

I am sorry the man died. But things don’t always go down as planned. Mother nature occasionally uses karma.

3 Likes

One of the reasons we teach young hunters to give their prey 20 minutes after going down before approaching them.

We tend not to think of deer as being a dangerous or aggressive animal but even a doe can stomp your brains out when cornered or wounded.

6 Likes

I’m guilty of being the goofy idiot who runs after my deer after I shoot it! I will remember this for now on… :rofl::rofl:

I seen @WildRose they are saying wait 20-30 mins before going to collect it.

4 Likes

I say, this proof we NEED(says with tongue in cheek) machine guns for hunting. :smirk: Seriously though, just like @WildRose pointed out. Wait 20 minutes to make sure it’s dead.

4 Likes

The deer has not been found by wildlife officials! I wonder if a warrant has been issued. This was obviously an assault deer and they must be banned. I also wonder if it had a high capacity rack? Surely this wouldn’t have happened if deer were limited to 10 points. I mean what deer needs more than 10 points?

11 Likes

@MikeBKY The Great Country of Texas (GCT) has covertly exfiltrated the deer in question. Texas Rangers did this under the cover of darkness using our GCT stealth helicopters. We have granted asylum, and the deer is recovering in an undisclosed location.

6 Likes

I live about 20 miles from the North Arkansas border and can attest to the fact that they have thousands of assault deer in those hills.

5 Likes

This is one of the reasons I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY!

7 Likes

…and…and… people FEED them!!!
How weird is that?

5 Likes

They were voluntarily turning in their assault horns after the conservation commission took away their right to grow and keep horns.

7 Likes

@MikeBKY A quick update from the THEE GCT. The alleged killer, referred to by his alias “JOHN Deer”, has made a miraculous and complete recovery. After a day without complications JOHN was humanly released yesterday afternoon back into nature, in a remote section of our country known as “East Texas” or EGCT.
The buck was last seen this morning, deceased in the bed of a 1974 Chevrolet pickup sporting a USCCA decal in the back window. He is now referred to as “VENISON Deer”.

You set, we’ll spike.

6 Likes

:joy: ^^^ :rofl:
Dude you Totally Rock :joy:

The whole lot of y’all are just the best EVER :rofl:

4 Likes

Has anyone seen a report on the number of deer who are known to the Fish & Game Department to actually HAVE assault antlers? We should be able to estimate the number of civilian Assault-Antler Owners via the F&GD’s free Healthy Deer Initiative (it’s not a registration… the deer just have to show up for free salt licks and submit to simple tagging and RFID chips… it’s for their own good you know. What reasonable person would object to healthy deer?)

I think we need an accounting of how many known assault-antler owners have failed to turn in their antlers… and we need to consider how to force these felons to comply with the law.

I propose going grove to grove for confiscation.

I mean, think of the lives we would save! Think of the fawns!

4 Likes

Oh… and what about the deer that have Ghost Antlers? :scream: OH SAVE THE FAWNS!!!

4 Likes

@Zee I would propose a government funded antler buyback!

5 Likes

@MikeBKY

You made me laugh so hard a litterly spit my coffee out on my desk!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m here for your entertainment! :rofl:

4 Likes

This deer is a radical member of the deer militia. While he looks harmless, he’s known by Fish and Game officials to carry concealed antlers.

3 Likes

And these deer are killing the planet as well. They eat the green things that produce our oxygen. Then, they give off methane, and other wastes, in public parks and national forests. Don’t get me started about the property damage they cause every year with their Kamikaze attacks on motor vehicles.

3 Likes