How not to use your EDC

Florida had a shooting over a handicapped parking
Spot at a convenience store. The story is long, but
always remember that we as responsible CCW gun owners’, We can not use a live firearm to end a argument over a parking spot. We have to be in intimate fear of death or in fear of grave bodily
injury.

The first shooting in Florida, the gentleman just only
Shoved the bad guy with a gun to the ground and the good guy attempted to raise his hands and walk away to the gun trained on him and the bad guy shot and killed
the good Man, that was unarmed. He died over a
handicapped parking spot.

I am very pleased that this young man in this 2nd
Shooting is alive and has hope to fully recover.

But why do people turn and kill over worthless needs or causes? This is a repeating problem.

1 Like

People with uncontrolled anger issues should stay away from weapons including firearms.

4 Likes

OK, I support you. So seriously that despite my affiliations with the firearm culture per se, I take seriously — the idea of looking for ways to reduce anger, and reduce firearms getting too easily into someone’s hands who could become a threat. But interested in respectful, fair, and creative means.

Even the staunches rights views I’ve seen seem to not want 100% of the populace to legally own, that could be common ground.

1 Like

Have to admit, even though I joined our club per se, I used to only fear traditional criminals; Now I also fear those who legally carry — how would I know if they’d want my parking spot?

I wouldn’t. Why take the chance? Not worth it. Owning does not automatically mean you are smart. Means you spent a few hundred bucks.

The other day I had to run across the street to avoid the light turning red before I reached the sidewalk, to avoid oncoming traffic hitting me as a pedestrian.

Wearing a warm hat, sunglasses. So a fella sitting in his car, looking into his phone, didn’t know why I was running. When he looked up, and saw me, inches from his car door, he had a look on his face like I was about to approach his window with bad intent.

I finally slowed down and walked past him, continuing on my way to work.

Stay cool, keep calm, carry on, stay safe.

A healthy fear can help keep me alert, help my situational awareness.

3 Likes

Appreciate your comments. Just a small word here, if someone needs my parking spot or even the entire parking lot, it is all there.

I have a disability that gives me a handicap tag for the car. The tag is honored first come, first serve.

2 Likes