How do you avoid PRINTING?

The question you are asking - Have I looked in a mirror in different positions to see if my firearm is visible. The answer is yes. I have never bent over to tie my shoes, nor when I pick up anything off the ground. Squat down to tie my shoes and pick things up. I have always done this. I do my homework before I go out in public, especially in a non-free state. I have been in a supermarket where I had to pick up a can I dropped, and nobody noticed. I have been at Family BBQ, and nobody noticed; my family would call me out if they saw my firearm because most do not know I carry it. I train and practice to ensure I do not bring attention to myself. If you EDC a firearm, no matter IWB or OWB, practice carrying and understand each has cons. I have holsters/Different EDC for how I dress. I do not dress around my holster/firearm.

2 Likes

I would like to see data on this-- Are you saying open carry are all targets?

The stats do not bear that out. It does on occasion occur, but the incidents we read about are those that are like the sheep, oblivious to what’s occurring in the world.

3 Likes

As I stated, I knew it was slightly printing, which when I normally carry is better concealed. I was addressing my situation, and experiences that I have had, which comport with the idea I promulgated, that most people will not notice and “bad guys” will not want to mess with you if they know you are carrying.

As I was addressing concealed carry, it would not be easily accessible to a third party. As to my specific situation, I do not carry in an open top holster. I carry in an OWB with a strap over the top under a shirt at about 9:30. One would need to pull my shirt up to get to my firearm. That would not go unnoticed and my hand and arm are right there. Further, I stated that I could tell it was slightly printing, such as when I moved in a certain way, I could see the end of the grip slightly pointing through the shirt, but I was looking for that. The entire fiream was not visible through the shirt. Virginia is an open carry state. If it was printing like that, I would have just OC as I was at the show.

3 Likes

Stats for what? Not everything is about stats, if it was, NOBODY would carry a spare magazine. :wink:

Hopefully we have all seen that there are actual examples in real life of open carriers being attacked for their gun as well as not-concealed carriers being attacked for their gun. It has happened and will continue to happen. It is something that people who are not-concealed need to keep in mind. I personally am not comfortable assuming that if people see my not-concealed firearm, they are necessarily deterred. Maybe, maybe not.

4 Likes

Those are about as obvious as the Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull running through a wall. You are not fooling anyone with those. Just my two cents. I have carried concealed for over two decades and have never been “exposed “

I just decided to purchase a enigma express holster I know it’s really expensive. Hopefully it is worth the cost and comfort. I hear that. Supposedly I can wear it with any type of clothing. Jim shorts, basketball shorts, Jps Even without a standard Kore belt

If I’m going somewhere where printing would be a real issue, I’ll pocket carry my LCP MAX.
Otherwise, I carry IWB at 3:00.
I know I’m printing at times, but I stopped caring about it.
Most people are too wrapped up in whatever they’re doing to notice.

4 Likes

If I’m in business dress clothes the best I can do is a small revolver in a pocket holster. It makes a bit of a pocket bulge, but I try to buy loose enough, pleated front pants to hide it. None of those modern, flat front “skinny” men’s pants for me. That’s normal go-to-work dress for me and has worked for years.

Otherwise, I carry a medium frame semiauto OWB in a snug fitting pancake holster, with a loose untucked shirt or two, and don’t worry about it.

5 Likes

I have been using a AIWB Tenicor holster with my goverment 1911. Hides it very well

5 Likes

20 years, never been caught printing!

3 Likes

I’d hate to fire that; based on the pic, the caliber would likely be quite large. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Whatever your preferred mode of carry, you need to remember that you need to be able to draw and present in less than 2-3 seconds and fire accurately. Personally of the various positions to carry, small of the back is probably the least effective.IMHO

5 Likes

@Buddha-In-The-Sun

Now I really like that set up. Beautiful piece of iron my friend.

2 Likes

Left side, AIWB

1 Like

I carry AIWB. Kydex.

I also carry at work. Usually people cant tell.

5 Likes