How do you avoid PRINTING?

It’s also why I just bring myself to ever carry appendix. Besides my big belly.

I am still working on where I prefer to carry. I am too nervous to have something stuck down … there …
My current set up is at 4:30 position. Not very fast to draw from but if there did happen to be a discharge, it would most likely graze my butt or back of my leg.
Appendix carry just scares me :thinking:

How about 3:30 position?

2 Likes

Put a handgun in a holster. Leave it on the nightstand for a week. If it does not shoot on its own, it will not when you are wearing it. No matter how one carries, one needs to keep one’s finger off the trigger while holstering and unholstering, and also ensure nothing gets into the trigger guard or holster while performing those actions.

1 Like

4:30 isn’t bad to draw from with practice. 3:30 is a little quicker. But, and I’m nothing to note, I can react, draw, fire, two shots two hits at 5 yards in less than 2 seconds from 4:30

Just keep working on it

2 Likes

It varies between 3:30 and 4:30.
The holster I am using is a Galco King Tuk. The two clips that go over the belt get interfered with on certain pants/shorts I wear because of where the pant belt loop is.
I tried not putting the belt through the pant loop, but the holster would pull the pants up a bit if I did that.
It is a work in progress…

1 Like

@Bill170 , the first of all you have to stop thinking about handgun to be discharged while carrying. If you train, then train and train… this is not going to happen at all. Have you ever heard about handgun that shot by itself while somebody was carrying it?
Once you convince yourself that self-shooting handguns do not exist, find the most comfortable position for your handgun which gives you easy and fast draw stroke with max 3 seconds. Once you find it, you then train, train and train to speed the draw process and bring the time closer to 1 second. :slightly_smiling_face:

Little tip for your mind (it worked for me) → thumb safety. Even somehow, magically the handgun would like to shoot by itself, the thumb safety is there to prevent it. :wink:
I didn’t catch what pistol are you carrying…

1 Like

My pistols don’t have thumb safeties…

Hellcat Pro is my current EDC.

I would like to find a way to conceal my full size FN 509 but difficult where I live as it is quite hot most of the time and I have not found a comfortable place to have it IWB due to it’s size.

2 Likes

Hellcat Pro doesn’t seem to be a bad option for EDC.
Easy concealable at each IWB position.

Try appendix, believe me, with good quality hostler (with multiple adjustments) this is the most comfortable and fastest to draw method.
Even the striker pistol doesn’t have thumb safety - it has 2 other safeties which prevent pistol from discharging. No matter what you do, if you don’t pull the trigger, it won’t fire.

Let’s stop it here. If you want to discuss this more, check other existing threads or create a new one.
Let’s keep this conversation about PRINTING issues.

5 Likes

Two guns? Lol

1 Like

How big of a target for that time? Not being a smart Alec by asking. Just curious. I’ve never timed myself and have no idea what my time would be.

2 Likes

OWB colt commander

4 Likes

Today my wife finally decided to actually carry - yay!
She did not have a good shirt and her S&W MP 2.0 compact printed quite a bit.
We made several stops on our way home from the range. Nobody even gave any notice. It was at her 2:30 in an OWB holster. The butt stood out like a sore thumb to me. If anybody noticed, they gave no clue.
We will be working on her outerwear.

3 Likes

One of my carry’s is a ruger lcp in .380
I put it in my right front pocket of my blue genes with a ‘‘fro pick’’ in front of it
the pocket looks like its full but the handle of the pick sticks up a little bit and it breaks up the outline of the pistol and no one knows any difference

Mike

5 Likes

Do you have any pics while tying your shoe?

1 Like

Or without his hands in the air, surrendering poses? :sunglasses:

That reminds me. I was at a gun show today representing a gun rights group wearing one of their shirts. It was a bit thin and my firearm was visibly printing (to me), but I went to a store afterwards (no GFZ signs, I actually looked this time, as I noticed I was printing), and scanning people, no one seemed to notice. My wife, which is my CC watchdog, could tell, but stated that it was not that noticeable. That seems to confirm what many of us have stated, most people are oblivious, so we should not worry so much about printing. We can see it, but most sheep are completely unaware of the world around them.

3 Likes

The sheep aren’t the reason we carry nor should they be the benchmark by which we determine concealment

JMO

3 Likes

I fully agree. The juxiposition is that those that do notice are either on our side or not. Those that are not, I would assume are less likely to want to mess with you knowing that you are carrying. Those are our side, we have no worries about. My limited experience in sketchy situations appears to conform with my opinion on those that seek victims not sheepdogs. They want the easy target, not potential injury or death. The few instances I have had involved times where I was only able to carry a knife(ves) and once they were aware I had a knife (never showed it), the situation, fortunately, was resolved.

Potentially less likely, potentially more likely. A gun the carrier thinks is concealed, but is in fact not, and is almost guaranteed to be in an open top holster, is very often a fairly easy target to grab. Or make you the first targeted